Problems

edited May 24 in NELSAP Forum
had to update software & php. some things may have changed -- thanks for your continued patience At this point please DO NOT LOG OUT if you want to continue posting, until this gets sorted out.
Hooper drives the boat, Chief.

Comments

• It looks like there are some spam accounts joining and posting links in Teh Haps.
    - Sam
  • For anyone who is locked out, here is what I did. For me, the "log in" button wasn't working properly. What I did was right click and hit "open in new tab". Then I had to reset my password, but it worked after that.
    - Sam
  • Time for New England Lost Ski Area Forums (NELSAF) ?
  • More spam accounts joining
    - Sam
  • yeah well we have to take away the instant registration. New accounts wiill need to await approval. If you have trouble, NES13 suggestion to "What I did was right click and hit "open in new tab". Then I had to reset my password, but it worked after that." will work Trying to get the old password database reinstalled, but not likely until Tuesday Thanks to everyone for sticking it out through this mess
  • man thanks for working on it. you da best.
  • A few more issues that I've discovered. Formatting in posts doesn't seem to be working and the thumbnails of images aren't showing up. Thanks for responding quickly to all the issues.
    - Sam
  • trying formatting, looks like we lose smile things
  • Hello, the sign in buttons and links will not work for a little while. In the meantime:

Please right click the button or click here for a NEW SIGN IN PAGE.

On that page you will most likely need to change your password.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Thank Quint. Can’t be easy being the Captain.
    Updates?? I now call them downdates.
    Buggy as heck, from mighty MS & Apple on down with little or no functionality updates.
    Just pushing new versions of crap we already deleted or a new subscription.

What’s the problem peeps? Just create a new password by adding a new digit to your old. The middle digit.
    Sorry Quint, not aimed at you, but at all these software idiots
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_it said:

Updates?? I now call them downdates.

Yes it is frustrating after getting a reasonably functional forum put together that sort of resembled good ol' SJ 1.0. Worked fine (mostly) for 3 years.

Resisted the update until other components forced it. Domino effect I think it's called.
  • After a few attempts I finally got back on. But my first attempt at a New Discussion, Sunapee Plans, was rejected as "No category exist".???
  • So I tried "select category" for Forum for "West Poor Winter" and that posted. When I tried Sunapee again, there was no category request. Perhaps in will stay Forum unless I change it.
  • Seems to be working OK. Are we back to stable "admin" or are you still working through it?
  • edited June 4
    Had trouble getting new password. It said I failed, but then I saw that I was logged in??

PS: just tried signing on from different computer and new PW worked, so all is good. Edit function worked too for this PS.
  • Worked closely with another user having similar issues. Seems that refreshing the browser, clearing cache will solve most password issues.

If you are still on the outside looking in, send me an email and we'll muddle through.
  • edited June 7
    Yes I saw this later about clearing cache & refreshing and sorry because I guess I was logged in all along. I thought I wasn't because no articles were highlited and the Sign In button was displayed. So I did the above anyway before I noticed that I'm already signed in and it still says no dice, yet I'm really logged in.
    Actually, how do you log out? I guess I do not need to..but shouldn't that button toggle to Sign Out when you're Signed In? And versa vice?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • click on the little gear, next to the star, next to the envelope, next to the globe, under your name. drop down menu should say LOG OUT at the bottom
  • Thanks for sticking with me to get my login sorted out. Appreciate it!
  • Is the highest rank single black diamond now?
    - Sam
  • I don't know. We've got one barrel on him. So we stay out here, till we find him
    again.
  • Test comment. 100x