Bretton Woods Gondola

From BW's Facebook:

Bretton Woods

Bretton Woods’ original “B-Lift” debuted in 1973, and nearly 45 years later took it’s last turns on Monday, June 11, 2018. B-Lift will soon be taken down to make room for a new 8-passenger gondola.

Comments

• I believe we already have a number of discussions about this. Merge? If we can still do that
    - Sam
  • I went back 3 pgs. and didn't find it. That was far enough for me.
  • ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Great shot on their webcam of the base terminal construction for the new gondola
  • The initial capacity of the gondola will be 1500 PPH with 36 cabins with
    a final capacity of 2600 PPH and 62 cabins.
  • For about 2 weeks the lone web-cam showing the ski area doesn't show the work area. There has a base lodge mounted cam (and restaurant) that can be controlled. I've not found controls on the current one via their main web-site. Am I missing something?
  • It appears that they have disabled the remote controls of the cam
  • Chris said:

It appears that they have disabled the remote controls of the cam

Ok
  • That poor B Chair its not looking too good. I wonder if there will be some new runs up top under the gondi line?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • I believe we already have a number of discussions about this. Merge? If we can still do that

not at this time
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief.
  • Pulled into BW base area yesterday. (Sorry my phone was dead so no pics.) This project still has a LONG ways to go! The parking area was still full of lift tower pieces, sheaves, etc. Crane was in the base area but it wasn't moving.
    I'm guessing this is all or part of the reason BW didn't go for an early season opening last week. For the past several years they've battled with Wildcat for first in NH.