Delegation minority blocks Gunstock borrowing

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news/local/delegation-minority-blocks-gunstock-borrowing/article_1533d44e-6db5-11e8-bde9-730e443dfad9.html

LACONIA — Opponents of a request to borrow $600,000 to keep Gunstock Mountain Resort operating until winter were in the minority, but they prevailed when the Belknap County Delegation met Friday morning.

The motion to approve the Gunstock Area Commissioners’ request for authorization to borrow the money fell short – by one vote – of the two-thirds majority it needed.

Comments

• I don't have a horse in this race. But reading the article, it sounds like the triumph of the know-nothings. Welcome to America, the 2018 version.
  • After 80 years of being in business, why haven't they been able to accrue enough cash on hand to get through the summer?
  • edited June 20
    tedede said:

After 80 years of being in business, why haven't they been able to accrue enough cash on hand to get through the summer?

I believe these funds would've been used for maintenance which will now be deferred.
    - Sam
  • edited June 20
    tedede said:

After 80 years of being in business, why haven't they been able to accrue enough cash on hand to get through the summer?

I don't have an entry in this race either, but that is a reasonable, good horse-sense question!

;)