1980s Development Plan for Crotched Mountain

If you look to the right (west), you'll see most of what is CM today. If you see the T-Bar line, you'll see what is now Jupiter's Storm on the left (east) and Satellite Summit to the right.

CrotchedMtnDevPlan.jpg
1533 x 1013 - 383K

Comments

• Interesting... main current area looks pretty much the same; UFO added since & more condo buildings proposed along Super Nova (the land belongs to condos still). The 'new' connector area between the East & West looks interesting, could part of that lift line be the existing maintenance road? Wonder if this was surveyed to make sense to build or is just a pipedream?
  • That's a pretty serious rearrangement of Crotched East too; I almost didn't recognize it. Looks like this extends Blitz and whatever the one next to it was (just east of the chairlift) up to the top and closes the traverse between them. That's a new lift to the far east too, going higher than the existing trail did.
    It's a shame the original Crotched closed; the place had so much potential. I haven't actually been to the resurrected one.
  • ceo said:

That's a pretty serious rearrangement of Crotched East too; I almost didn't recognize it. Looks like this extends Blitz and whatever the one next to it was (just east of the chairlift) up to the top and closes the traverse between them. That's a new lift to the far east too, going higher than the existing trail did.
    It's a shame the original Crotched closed; the place had so much potential. I haven't actually been to the resurrected one.

The one to the east of Blitz is Scotts run. There's no way they'd close the Bowling Alley (traverse between them), otherwise you would not be able to get to Snow Bird and Easy Street. That's likely a mistake of the artist.

There already was an extension above Scotts, creatively named Upper Scotts. With no snowmaking it was rarely open.

The eastern-most lift/Easy Street extension and upper Blitz are the only two changes. Upper Blitz would have required a lot of blasting.

I agree, the place had a lot of potential, unfortunately bad snow years and bad business decisions combined to shut them down.

• I'd forgotten Upper Scotts existed; been a while since I was there. :-) And yes, it's less drastic if they didn't actually close Bowling Alley.