Lifts with Places to Hang Poles

Just trying to keep SJ going:

Back in the days when poles use to have pole straps, many lifts had hooks on which to hang one's poles while riding up hill. Are there any chairlifts that still have these?

Comments

• It's funny, they just disappeared and I totally forgot about them. May its that they were most useful on doubles, but when you starting getting triples, quads and now six packs, they just figured its not fair for the inside people?
  • I think Smuggs' lifts still have them
  • I think Smuggs' lifts still have them

Nope.
  • I have seen these but can't remember where. Have never used them, I just hold on. A lot of people put them under their butts, which seems to me would be uncomfortable

• I have seen these but can't remember where. Have never used them, I just hold on. A lot of people put them under their butts, which seems to me would be uncomfortable

I used to think so as well, but I gave it a try last season and it really isn’t uncomfortable. It doesn’t work with all chairlifts though.
    - Sam
  • Last chair that had them to my recollection was the Single. State regulations made MRG not include the hooks on the refurb chairs. Caused quite a stir at the Coop, as you can imagine. I still recall "The Hookers" showing up in the closing celebration for the old chair and letting their thoughts be known.
  • riverc0il said:

Last chair that had them to my recollection was the Single. State regulations made MRG not include the hooks on the refurb chairs. Caused quite a stir at the Coop, as you can imagine. I still recall "The Hookers" showing up in the closing celebration for the old chair and letting their thoughts be known.

That's interesting. Do we know why they made them illegal?