Guess what lost areas I was at last night..

Had a wee bit of a bike ride last night because the weather was nice. What lost ski areas did I climb up?

Comments

• Prospect?
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • JMaul said:

Prospect?

Neither one is Prospect. Correct state though.
  • With the view, maybe Hogback.
  • With the view, maybe Hogback.

No. Remember, each photo is at a different lost area.
  • Maple Valley and Norwich?
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • bmwskier said:

Maple Valley and Norwich?

Not MV or Norwich, but they're on my list sometime this fall. Locations are closer to MV than the other guesses though!

• edited August 17
    Sonnenberg and Hitching Post
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_it said:

Sonnenberg and Hitching Post

Too far North.
  • Snow Valley
  • Timber Ridge
  • edited August 17
    Closer, but both of those guesses are too far west :)
    HINT: Both of these areas were rope tow only as far as I know.
  • Chester and VT Academy?
  • edited August 17
    VT Academy is the one with my legs and bike in it! Good job. The other one is near.. but all overgrown.. ( and not Chester)
  • Ski Bowl? Only other one in Saxton's River
  • > @lotsoskiing said:
    > Ski Bowl? Only other one in Saxton's River

Yes! Ski bowl is the second pic. It's really neat, the growth on either side of the old woods road above the farmhouse at the end of the road is really young, definitely only in the last 60 years, which corroborates with the ski boels open slopes etc.
  • > @lotsoskiing said:

> Ski Bowl? Only other one in Saxton's River

Yes! Ski bowl is the second pic. It's really neat, the growth on either side of the old woods road above the farmhouse at the end of the road is really young, definitely only in the last 60 years, which corroborates with the ski boels open slopes etc.

What a cool area- just read the NELSAP report. A true bowl setup. Looks like it was fun place
  • Neat!
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA