Stratton's Poma Liftline to become an expert trail

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,096
Stratton is posting on their Facebook page that the former Poma liftline (near World Cup) will be an official trail next year - you can submit names for it for a contest. It seems like this lift has not run much in the last few years (I've skied Stratton usually several times per year since 2002 and never saw it running, nor did it look like it had been used). Has anybody seen it running more often?

Imagine it's no longer needed with the HSQ going in.

JD

Comments

• edited August 2018 Posts: 2,493
    It was operable and used regularly during events.
    I have seen it running on multiple occasions over the last few seasons. Most anytime there's a weekend mogul comp on Worldcup, the poma was spinning. With the new HSQ there now, and a much shorter ride time than the old Snowbowl Quad, my guess is the thought process is that the poma won't be needed to get the competitors to the top of the course in a timely fashion anymore
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 1,836
    With the disappearance of yet another New England Poma how many are left operable? I don’t mean fixed grip button lifts a la Tenney or Black Mt but old skool detachable Pomas.
    Besides the "Ramshead Racing Poma"...
    That's been my favorite trail at Stratton for decades. It just got way easier without having the lift and towers running down it!

With the disappearance of yet another New England Poma how many are left operable? I don’t mean fixed grip button lifts a la Tenney or Black Mt but old skool detachable Pomas.

Not New England and not open last few years, but Hickory has 2.
    > @IBRAKEFORTBARS said:
    > With the disappearance of yet another New England Poma how many are left operable? I don’t mean fixed grip button lifts a la Tenney or Black Mt but old skool detachable Pomas.

Killington still has theirs....they are moving it this summer but claim they are moving it for continued use.