Beer names connected with ski areas

Don't think we've covered this one - name some beers (with links to the brewery) that have a ski area/ski area attribute (like a chairlift) in their name. It can be lost or open.

For instance, SoMe Brewing Company in York, ME has an Agamenticus Amber.

somebrewingco.com/ourbeer/

Comments

  • Not ski area but skiing: http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/brews_trale.php

    I think its really good personally.
  • Bromley and Pabst
  • edited September 13
    Magic Hat: Single Chair Ale reference to Mad River Glen
  • Newpylong ya beat me to the only one I can think of..
    IRC Cannon serves(d) 4000 Foot IPA from Woodstock Inn at the Tram Haus.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Caberfae Peaks Darkside Ale. Right Brian Brewery in Traverse City, Mi brews this beer exclusively for Caberfae
  • Long Trail produces Prohibition Ale, exclusively for Smuggs'.


    More specific to the mountain than the ski area is this from Zero Gravity...
    image
    download.jpg
    417 x 645 - 27K
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • image
    36644_Deschutes_RedChairNWPA_Comp_R4_SMP.png
    840 x 1300 - 219K
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • Long Trail makes Jay Peek Tram Ale for them. They also make Flyin ryan.

    603 has Waterville Wheat and White Peaks. Below are some pics of me enjoying a White Peaks while earning some turns exploring the front country at "Dick's-ville Notch" and "Qdoba Cornice" in Northborough during a storm in 2017.


    https://untappd.com/b/long-trail-brewing-company-jay-peak-tram-ale/66539

    http://longtrail.com/beers/flyin-ryan-ipa

    https://603brewery.com/beer/waterville-wheat/

    https://603brewery.com/beer-list/








  • Odell Brewing and Austin Beerworks made a beer with one of my favorite names and labels: Ski Jeans



    Long Trail used to make Tram Ale... as I recall the 6 pack box was all white... for snow.


    Uinta also has an excellent label and name: Yard Sale



  • it's named for the mountain rather than the ski resort, although the resort did keep it on tap

    Saddleback by Sebago



  • Blue Hills Brewery, Canton MA
    Screenshot_20180913-104736.png
    720 x 1280 - 682K
  • Uinta also has


    And Ellicottville

  • Ten Springs Whiteface Pale Ale-Olde Saratoga Brewing
    Whiteface Stout- Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood brewery
    Barkeater ale- Lake Placid brewing company. Barkeater aka (Adirondack) a common derogatory reference given to the Algonquin tribe from the Mohawk Indians, it is also a glade at Gore Mountain.

    ~Rich~
  • Are we talking general distribution beers or brewed specifically for a ski area by a brewery beers?

    If it's specific for a ski area, Mount Snow has had specific by Northshire, Harpoon and Foolproof the last few seasons, with Northshire brewing Mount Snow Ale, Harpoon has done Beartrap Brown and also a particularly good barrel aged version of Beartrap Brown as well as Sap Tapper, and then Foolproof has made Yahdsale (hat tip to the RI brewery and the bump run at Mount Snow) as well

    And a generic one is Rogue's Yellow Snow Ale B)
  • edited September 14
    I think Blue Hills Brewery closed. ... later, it is:
    "A local brewery that closed last summer (2017) is still shuttered, and it is not known when--or where--it might reopen. According to an update within its website, Blue Hills Brewery in Canton remains closed, with the note saying the following:
    Blue Hills Brewery is undergoing restructuring, which takes time to sort out. Our end goal is still to build a craft brewery at a new location in the Canton area with a tap room and serve the best tasting and enjoyable craft beer around. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a specific date to offer our customers as to when and where we will be back up and running.
    In July of 2017, the brewery posted a note saying that it was going to build a tap room in the Canton area, though little other information was given at the time."

    Shhh don't tell anyone but Crotched has there own house labeled Henniker Rocket Fuel but the brewery has the same stuff under another the name Hop Slinger IPA. Rocket Fuel does have a better icon?..label?..tap handle? Well whatever it's called.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Spruce said:

    ^yikes sorry about that above. I was trying to post a picture but an error sign kept appearing. Mods please delete.

    :D
    ~Rich~
  • edited September 14
    Spruce said:

    ^yikes sorry about that above. I was trying to post a picture but an error sign kept appearing. Mods please delete.

    as I understand, it has to be under or close to 1Mb to post. Except if you are in the southern hemisphere or ur user name is Remski??
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Ok- I’ll try again without trying to post a picture.
    Keystone. I’ll show myself out
  • ski_it said:

    I think Blue Hills Brewery closed. ... later, it is:

    "A local brewery that closed last summer (2017) is still shuttered, and it is not known when--or where--it might reopen. According to an update within its website, Blue Hills Brewery in Canton remains closed, with the note saying the following:

    Blue Hills Brewery is undergoing restructuring, which takes time to sort out. Our end goal is still to build a craft brewery at a new location in the Canton area with a tap room and serve the best tasting and enjoyable craft beer around. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a specific date to offer our customers as to when and where we will be back up and running.

    In July of 2017, the brewery posted a note saying that it was going to build a tap room in the Canton area, though little other information was given at the time."



    Shhh don't tell anyone but Crotched has there own house labeled Henniker Rocket Fuel but the brewery has the same stuff under another the name Hop Slinger IPA. Rocket Fuel does have a better icon?..label?..tap handle? Well whatever it's called.

    Makes sense, as I haven't seen it in some time. The beer was just OK, never a threat to the best beer near Blue Hills: Trillium. Last time I skied Big Blue I stopped in at Trillium. Great stuff, and they serve an IPA named "Heavy Mettle". Should be served in the new Mt. Snow Carinthia lodge.
  • edited September 14
    DrJeff said:

    Are we talking general distribution beers or brewed specifically for a ski area by a brewery beers?

    If it's specific for a ski area, Mount Snow has had specific by Northshire, Harpoon and Foolproof the last few seasons, with Northshire brewing Mount Snow Ale, Harpoon has done Beartrap Brown and also a particularly good barrel aged version of Beartrap Brown as well as Sap Tapper, and then Foolproof has made Yahdsale (hat tip to the RI brewery and the bump run at Mount Snow) as well

    And a generic one is Rogue's Yellow Snow Ale B)

    I think the OP's intent was ski area specific, but this has morphed into any beer that is ski/ride/snowsport related. I like what this has become.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • Alas, I still mourn for Catamount, which was the free keg of choice during the MRG/Sugarbush Telemark Festivals. On a non-ski related beer note, I'm still bitter about Otter Creek stopping Copper Ale as well.

    For regular beer drinking, I'd recommend 14 Star Valor Ale...
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • Forgot this one!

    Killington Brewery's K-Won IPA. I gave it a a 3.75 on Untapp'd

    https://goo.gl/images/HnUsjw
Sign In or Register to comment.