Haystack/Hermitage Guess this ski area

edited September 17 in Trip Reports
One of you is disqualified right off the bat.
3884D42F-7C01-4803-A32C-FAB3BDE92CE2.jpeg
2016 x 1512 - 930K
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

• Can I get added bonus points if I name the golf hole as well? :)
  • No you have to name the trail next to the hole as well.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Haystack/Hermitage
  • > @ski_it said:
    > No you have to name the trail next to the hole as well.

I can say that I have witnessed on multiple occasions when playing in the annual Bartenders Open (you don't have to be a local bartender to play in it, but someone in your 4some has to be one) that the Valley Trail can be reached off the 9th tee with an IMPRESSIVE snap hook!! :D :o
  • ski_it said:

No you have to name the trail next to the hole as well.

Crosstown.

Were you out biking?
  • I'd have to say all 3 of you are correct, even though one of youse was disqualified. ;) Haystack/Hermitage from Mt Snow Golf Club near the 9th green. I thought the trail sign on the gate said Valley Trail, but both Google E & a published map calls it Crosstown. Perhaps it is both trails at that point.
    No, I was neither biking nor golfing. A long time ago I did quite a bit of road riding but my attempt last year to rekindle the old flame on a mountain bike in Ireland ended with mixed results.
  • I think the trail system is called Crosstown because of Crosstown rd and the Valley trail is one of the trails in the system.
  • Crosstown and Valley trails run concurrently through that section, kind of like how Route's 9 and 100 run concurrently from the light in Wilmington a mile or so East to where 100 breaks off South towards Jacksonville and 9 starts the climb up towards Hogback