Snow in them thar hills

Snow on Whiteface and along the Greens this morning. Lurking on some web cams. Should be pretty this afternoon when sun comes out. Great chance to see "snowliage"

Comments

• It is snowing right now at Wildcat!
    - Sam
  • Snow on the summit cams of Mount Snow this morning!
  • > @DrJeff said:
    > Snow on the summit cams of Mount Snow this morning!

31.4F with light snow and fog at the summit right now.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Snowing at Stratton, Killington, Mad River Glen and Stowe as well.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Snow at Sugarbush this morning. Refresher next weekend.
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    Nubs Nob in the northern part of Lower Michigan on 10/15/18
    Nubs first snow.jpg
    640 x 359 - 28K
  • On Saturday (10/13) I drove through a snow/rain mix at the top of the Kanc. Sunday morning I hiked up Loon. No snow there, but I could see snow on the summits of Moosilauke, Cannon, Franconia Ridge, and the Presidentials. It's coming!!!
  • We're planning on starting snowmaking operations the 1st of November for a projected opening on the 17th.
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • Moosilauke over the weekend

• Sugarloaf's latest email blast is sort of representing that they had someone skiing today

Mark it on the calendar – first skiable snow of the season is October 17. Although it's still a little bony up there and likely to melt away overnight, it sure was exciting to see snow on the trails again. Winter will be here before you know it.

...accompanied by a photo taken today, of a young lady carrying a pair of skis

• Whiteface Webcam currently showing moderate snowfall at the summit.
    ~Rich~
  • edited October 23
    It’s dumping snow at Wildcat,Cannon, Sugarloaf, Waterville tonight.
  • Wildcat got 9.5" and still dumping! From their website:

• Ibrake this is looking good!
  • > @ciscokid said:
    > Ibrake this is looking good!

Yes!!
  • What's farmers almanac say?
  • While snow at this time of year "feels good", I can't remember a season with a major snowstorm before Veteran's Day that was ultimately a good season. Most recently: 2011-2: After October blockbuster storm, almost no natural snow all season. While the skiing was adequate on snowmaking trails, natural snow glade skiing and other aspects of the sport that involved natural snow, never materialized.
  • While snow at this time of year "feels good", I can't remember a season with a major snowstorm before Veteran's Day that was ultimately a good season. Most recently: 2011-2: After October blockbuster storm, almost no natural snow all season. While the skiing was adequate on snowmaking trails, natural snow glade skiing and other aspects of the sport that involved natural snow, never materialized.

(cue sound of air going out of balloon)