Go Red Sox!

Root for ted sox

Comments

• edited October 20

Baseball season seems to go later every year, will this become the standard?

https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/baseball.in.snow/images/mel-parnell.jpg
    snow baseball.jpg
    554 x 700 - 64K
  • edited October 19
    great photo! classic skis, and I'm guessing that's Fenway before the claptrap additions?

PS: if you click insert after you upload, the photo will show up

• I don't seem to get a prompt for insert. That is Mel Parnell on skis from a snowy April day at Fenway in the 1950s. He was a darn good pitcher I had forgot about, 25-7 for the Red Sox in 1949.
  • it's in the drop down below the image, when you post it

• One good pitcher deserves another?
  • edited October 19
    well that didn't take long ;)

as for the pictures, I use the "Attach a File" link below the message pane. then after I upload the file, it has "insert" below the thumbnail.

I'm not sure what happens if you use the photo icon above the message pane?

• It doesn’t seem to work when I do it from my IPhone
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited October 20
    Olin Mark Zeroes on Mel?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Go Sox! The insert pic doesn't work from my phone either. Like this from Sunday River today
    IMG_20181019_123630698.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • edited October 20
    Comment deleted
    - Sam
  • Looks pretty decent
  • edited October 20
    I was able to upload the photo on my home pc, but not my work pc. Should be able to see Mel Parnell above now.

I tried to use url link for photo below but no joy. Upload from my pc did work.
    A Laurel Mtn, PA legend on right:

• ski it, maybe he is Olins. I was thinking maybe Northlands, but probably not. They don't look long enough. How about a guess on the boots and bindings? I'm not sure spikes and a great idea on skis.
  • Looong loss
    2-1
    18 innings
  • ciscokid said:

Looong loss

2-1

18 innings

As Ian Kinsler enters the Red Sox "Hall of shame" to join Bill Buckner!
  • Love, love, love it when the arch enemies of all things Yankees win it all!😆
  • Wow can't believe no skiers like baseball

Champs!
  • ciscokid said:

Wow can't believe no skiers like baseball

Champs!

Well: It's at minimum you and me.
  • ciscokid said:

Wow can't believe no skiers like baseball

Champs!

Well: It's at minimum you and me.
    I'm in! Great Game! How tall IS David Price?
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • 119-57

Sawx juggernaut.

Dominant all season.

Champs!
  • edited October 30
    Another Sox fan here. Got to be one of the best teams of all time. David Price is 6'-5". No one's going to remember Kinsler's error.
  • Ciscokid is 6'8"
    Autographs at Crotched 1/6/19
  • mapnut said:

Another Sox fan here. Got to be one of the best teams of all time. David Price is 6'-5". No one's going to remember Kinsler's error.

You're right - but no one would have remembered Buckner's error if the Sox had gone on to win game 7 in the 1986 World Series.
  • Poor Bill Buckner. He had a lot to do wit the Sox making the World Series that year. He got a bum rap in the Series. His error came in the sixth game. If he had fielded the ball cleanly there is no guarantee that the pitcher would have gotten to first in time to beat the runner, take the throw and make the putout. And, his error was in the sixth game. The teams played the next day and the Sox led in that game. The couldn't hold the lead and lost. That wasn't Buckner's fault.
  • Plus he was playing injured.