Boot fitter near Albany, NY

Hello all, It's been awhile since I've posted.

My son is in school in the Albany / Troy area. We think that his feet are at the point where we can buy instead of lease boots for him. Any suggestions of boot fitters in his area?
Thank you

Comments

• I would have suggested Goldstocks near Schenectady, but they do not seem to be doing business at the moment.
    Which school?
  • Alpine Sport Shop in Saratoga I believe does - http://www.alpinesportshop.com/ - that's the shop I use. They did that heat molding thing to my last boots.
  • I've had good experience with Steiner's Sports in Valatie, NY. A guy named Gerrick (sp?) has Masterfit certification and did a great job for me....
    "I need a powder day"
  • NELSAP said:

Alpine Sport Shop in Saratoga I believe does - http://www.alpinesportshop.com/ - that's the shop I use. They did that heat molding thing to my last boots.

Love that shop! That was my families go to shop when I grew up in the capital district back in the 80's and then on through my college years (also at RPI which ties into the OP a bit).

Just a great example of what a true ski shop can be, and that it can still thrive in this world of online ordering if you offer great customer service and products. I also am getting a kick out of their latest marketing videos that have started popping up on their Facebook page. The owner, Jack, aside from being a bit grayer on top, hasn't changed a bit in the 30+ years since I first met him back in the early 80's
  • Thank you.
    The ski shop pickin's have gotten pretty slim in New York City.
  • edited November 3
    I’m going to recommend the only one Mrs Ski used and with good results. Mount Snow Boot Works right at the mountain. This way you can get an adjustment and then try it right away. Although they recommend you give a few ski days between them.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA