Comments

• Yep. Correct
    13 Laurel Mtn
    14 Whistler
    15 Deer Valley
    16 Sugarloaf
    17 Mt. Bachelor
    18 Sugarbush
  • I kind of thought 15 had that Dear Valley look to it and it was confirmed when I looked and the logo on the napkin.
  • BTW, true to the upscale nature of DV, that is a beef tenderloin sandwich, not a hamburger, that is being consumed by my friend in that photo:-)
  • 13 is Laurel
  • JimK said:

BTW, true to the upscale nature of DV, that is a beef tenderloin sandwich, not a hamburger, that is being consumed by my friend in that photo:-)

Is that the Empire lodge? I've only been there once and that was the only lodge we ate in.
  • Next batch,

• I'll take the easy ones..

20 Beaver Creek
    23 Squaw
  • 22 is Abram
    - Sam
  • Is 19 Lake Placid, oops I mean Mirror Lake?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • 19 is Mt Snow
  • 19 Whiteface?
    21 A Basin?
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • edited November 6
    99.999% sure that's a negative for #19 being Mount Snow!
  • Yah, I think that is Mirror lake
  • Boy that cabin looks familiar. First thought was Grand Targhee for some reason, so I'll take a wild guess with that.
  • edited November 7
    Group effort has correctly identified four out of six.
    19 Mirror Lake at town of Lake Placid, 20 is Beaver Creek, 21 ?, 22 is Mt Abram, 23 is Squaw Valley base area, 24 ?
  • 24 Taos
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • I don't think #21 is still there. Rebuilt?
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • 24 Taos is correct.
    Hint for 21: This cabin dates back to the 1940s and sits at an elevation of approx 11,500'. It was originally at the upper terminus of an old tow lift, but is now used as a warming hut and superb spot for DIY picnickers. I haven't ski this place in a few years, but I'm pretty sure the cabin is still there and functioning.
  • 24 Taos is correct.
    Hint for 21: This cabin dates back to the 1940s and sits at an elevation of approx 11,500'. It was originally at the upper terminus of an old tow lift, but is now used as a warming hut and superb spot for DIY picnickers. I haven't ski this place in a few years, but I'm pretty sure the cabin is still there and functioning.

Aspen Highlands?
  • edited November 7
    21is Loveland I believe? I need to get back there.
  • Not Aspen Highlands, but good guess. There is an incredibly scenic Ski Patrol Building at about 12000' at Aspen Highlands and the little, old Cloud Nine Restaurant at mid-mountain.
  • 21 Snowmass?
  • I got 2 this time..is it too late to get my SJ membership card out of the fire?
  • edited November 7
    Chuckstah said:

21is Loveland I believe? I need to get back there.

Chuckstah has it. I was thinking Ptarmigan Roost before a remodel but it is actually another hut.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • edited November 8
    Chuckstah wrapped up correct identities and he apparently did it without my hint as we posted simultaneously: 19 Mirror Lake at town of Lake Placid, 20 is Beaver Creek, 21 Loveland, 22 is Mt Abram, 23 is Squaw Valley base area, 24 Taos.
  • As always great pictures Jim
  • Thanks for posting these picture challenges. I look forward to more (if possible), and I hope to be able to get in on it a little earlier than I have.
  • More ski lodge/bar/restaurant/base area photos.

• edited November 8
    26. Sunday River
    27. Whiteface (duh)
    28. Park City
    30. Black Mt, NH

WAGs:
    25: Haystack?
    29: Canyons (or whatever it's called now)?
  • Lotso correct. WAG correct on 29. Just missing 25.