Boston Ski & Snowboard Expo Nov 8-11, 2018

IMG_7840.JPG
1512 x 2016 - 958K
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

• imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    IMG_7841.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 940K
    IMG_7842.JPG
    2016 x 1512 - 863K
    IMG_7843.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 959K
    IMG_7845.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 957K
    IMG_7846.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 706K
    IMG_7847.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 897K
    IMG_7848.JPG
    2016 x 1512 - 1M
    IMG_7849.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 1M
    IMG_7851.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 998K
    IMG_7850.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 1M
    IMG_7853.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 1M
    LPJP7340.JPG
    1436 x 1915 - 972K
    UHTR6618.JPG
    1512 x 2016 - 1M
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • MAGIC sign said 2 tickets for $89. Also available anytime $29 Thursday non-powder, non-holiday.

MT SNOW
    ANYTIME 1-DAY LIFT TICKETS - $59
    Purchase single-day anytime lift tickets for $59 each. Tickets can be used any day of the 2018-19 season. Maximum of 4 per person, per transaction. Only valid for sale at Boston Ski & Snowboard Expo.

PEAK 4 PACK - $199
    The Peak 4 pack provides four lift tickets, valid at Mount Snow, Attitash, Wildcat, Crotched, Hunter, Jack Frost and Big Boulder - for $199.

Ride & Ski Card $30 - available online too
  • Did you spy the little tyke being towed around on a snoboard in full winter attire? They loved it! And so did we!
    $15-30 to park. $12-15 to get in. Seemed fairly busy for a Thursday night. JD's new book is for sale at NE Ski Museum. We went mainly to buy some Mt Snow flex passes. All the Peak Resorts were combined this year. All the passes were there to peruse. The usual giveaways; posters, stickers, fudge, coozies, chapstick. Cannon had T-shirts, Subaru has hats. A few places had games, Nashoba had skee ball, WV & Magic and may be others had drop a wooden disk that slides down and pings off pins until it drops in a slot. We won a free & a $39 mid week non-holiday WV tickets.
  • sweet! Can't want to go tomorrow.
  • Oh man I’m all sideways on my phone.
  • Yea but at least you're not coming from Australia
  • edited November 10
    Taken on iPhone, transferred to PC, rotated and resized w Win Pic Mgr, inserted w PC. Pics are viewable without clicking on both devices. Correct orientation on PC but now wrong on IPhone
  • edited November 11
    Almost jumped on these at the Cannonsburg swap after the Buckeye blowout but at 161 theses wide bodies who know how they would handle.probably like hockey skates

Not too fond of a ski called to hell and back
    IMG_5521.JPG
    640 x 480 - 113K
    IMG_5520.JPG
    640 x 480 - 86K
  • Pretty solid crowd today when I was there mid afternoon with my almost 13yr old son. Gotta thank the Elan rep for hooking my son up with some cool logo schwag (my son switched to Elan for his race skis this year and the rep hooked him up!) and was great to hang out and talk with my friends from Peak Resorts today.... They're going to make A LOT of snow this week, and expect to hear about some cool cross promotions between Peak, a prominent Ski Film company, and a few manufacturers of wonderfully tasty darker colored liquid sipping adult beverages soon!
  • edited November 11
    Enjoyed the photos. We don't have a ski show down in the Wash-Balt area anymore :'(
    They replaced it with social media.
  • At the FOTR boothimage
    Boston (1).jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    - Sam
  • I.D., L to R? Good to see the FOTR booth still is there, but it's sad that Al isn't.
  • Bill29 said:

I.D., L to R? Good to see the FOTR booth still is there, but it's sad that Al isn't.

Emma Risch (Jake's wife), Matt Risch, me, Jake Risch
    - Sam
  • Thanks. I figured they were Risches. I think I met one of them a few years ago at the ski show. I have not gone in the last three years. It hasn't changed much and when you pay for for parking that for the event you want to attend, the Yankee side of me rebels. So does the Irish/English side. I guess I'm just frugal, also spelled cheap.
  • Bill29 said:

Thanks. I figured they were Risches. I think I met one of them a few years ago at the ski show. I have not gone in the last three years. It hasn't changed much and when you pay for for parking that for the event you want to attend, the Yankee side of me rebels. So does the Irish/English side. I guess I'm just frugal, also spelled cheap.

I took the train in from Wonderland. $2 for parking there, plus $5 for the train makes it cheaper than parking there.
    - Sam
  • You're smarter than I am. You also know the area better. I'd have trouble finding Wonderland, I think. I tend to avoid the Boston area. After all, I live in Dudley and work three days a week in Worcester. How could Boston possibly compete?