Superstar at Killington

edited November 12 in Trip Reports
I am memorized once again by the snow making prowess on Superstar. They are just burying that trail this morning.
Superstar Webcam
It's been going on for hours now.

What other trails(s), if any, have the snow making infrastructure like Superstar? The hydrants on Superstar are spaced so much closer together than most any other trail I can name. What say you?

Comments

• Hydrants about every 6'
    Unlimited water, big budget due to World Cup.

All good
  • edited November 12

oops.

Rime has extremely dense hydrant spacing for early season coverage when the flow rates are way down.
  • marcski said:

What say you?

three words: Positive Snow Control

If they don't get that, they don't get the races

That snowmaking power is unbelievable

• They should really make a proper glade run on the trail next to Superstar. Bet that would last most of May as well!
  • null
    Agree!

Passing snow control looks to be a non issue now!!
  • conrad said:

They should really make a proper glade run on the trail next to Superstar. Bet that would last most of May as well!

I thought of that many times, a lot of snow blowing in there!

• conrad said:

They should really make a proper glade run on the trail next to Superstar. Bet that would last most of May as well!

There is one and people do ski it very late into the season.
  • from FIS today:

Positive snow control for Killington (USA)

This is to inform you that the ladies' Audi FIS Ski World Cup races in Killington (USA) are confirmed following the official snow control from today 15th November 2018. As scheduled, the races will take place on 24th-25th November 2018.

• from FIS today:

Positive snow control for Killington (USA)

This is to inform you that the ladies' Audi FIS Ski World Cup races in Killington (USA) are confirmed following the official snow control from today 15th November 2018. As scheduled, the races will take place on 24th-25th November 2018.

Now let's hope that Mother Nature puts some good racing weather in place for the 24th and 25th!