Southern Tour Recommendations

My goal for this season is to hit the rest of the areas in Vermont I've never put tracks on. Did my homework, looked at trail maps, now I want to set up the tour. What suggestions do people have about the order and what I should go for at each area? My targets are: Mt. Snow, Stratton, Magic, Okemo, Bromley, Suicide Six, Living Memorial Park and Northeast Slopes.

Want to start as soon as areas hit 100% and am also looking for deals for tickets and such.
"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
Greg Stump

Comments

• Stratton, Bromley, and Magic are all very close to each other. Those should definitely be done together as a "Valley Tour". Mount Snow is to the south and Okemo is to the north of that triangle. You could just go north to south and hit them all in order (Snow, Stratton, Bromley, Magic, Okemo).

Suicide Six and Northeast Slopes could both be skied in a single day. They both have so little acreage that you can ski both areas twice over in the same day even with travel time which wouldn't be too bad.

Living Memorial you could just tag off I-91 coming or going. I can't imagine you'd need much time to get the feel for the place.

Have you already done LOC (Lyndon Outing Club)?
  • Wrote Lyndon for information-- got nothing back. I will add them to the tour as well. Even sent a snail mail letter to them.
    I'm trying to do a ski poster/display in my classroom. Wrote every area in Vermont. Heard back only from Sugarbush, Bromley, Stratton and Middlebury. Also wrote VSAA and haven't heard back at all and it's been a month.
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • Deals at Mt Snow - limited & must purchase ahead
    Founder's Day tickets from $12 on 12/14/2019 or $49 at the ticket window
    Shamrockfest tickets from $17 on 3/15/2019 or $49 at the ticket window
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Awesome, thank you! Any advice on what to ski there or any other area? I made a trip to Stowe years ago by myself and later found out about the "front four" after I been there and gone. Want to make sure I hit the "legendary" terrain at each place or even what to eat at each as well.

I did go back and hit all of them a few years ago when April was incredible.
    Greg Stump
  • "legendary" terrain ...at Mt Snow ...lol lol.
    Ok, I'll defer to our resident expert Dr Jeff as I skied it when I was 6 or 8 then skipped 50 years, although I have been to it quite a bit lately. So i'm still learning.
    It is also a space, time & snow thing on what to hit. You can make a complete circuit around the entire place by noon. I don't mean ski every pod but you can see them all and decide what looks good to hit. Plus I don't want to give up all my secrets online...lol.
    If it's a weekend perhaps we can meet up?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Magic isn't open a few days mid-week so plan accordingly. Northeast Slopes also has limited operations, so you might want to plan around those two areas for a schedule. It wouldn't be a bad idea to hit he bigger resorts (Snow, Stratton, and Okemo) mid-week.
  • edited December 6
    Living Memorial Park is only opened Friday-Sunday. They're not yet opened for the season and have limited snowmaking. That slope is located in one of the warmest locations in Vermont and can struggle to maintain snowcover.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• edited December 6
    To my sadness I lived in Brattleboro for two years and never got a chance (getting engaged, married, settling down, yada, yada, yada) to hit Living Memorial. Maple Valley closed the year I moved there. I do have my brother's patch, NSP membership card and employee ID from MV though.
    Greg Stump