Which ski lodge has the best grub for sale?

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 988
Maybe I'm just a nostalgic sap but I loved the charbroiled burgers and gigantic homemade chocolate chip cookies at Labrador Mt as a boy. They're still great! I'll go out of my way to drive there just for the cookies.

Which resort lodges have grub that's so good you gotta buy it every time you're there?

IBRAKE

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Bowl Burger at Middlebury
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    I think Saddleback has the best for the bucks spent.

Do they make anything in particular that stands out?
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert

Do they make anything in particular that stands out?
    Pizza, baked goods, fudge is what I've had.  Others have reported the other stuff to be better than most
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    Gotta second Middlebury. It was awesome but nearly put me to sleep. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • steamboat1steamboat1 advanced
    edited May 2015 Posts: 250
    Peak Lodge at Killington both in the cafeteria & at the bar. I'm not aware of any other ski area venue where I can get oysters on the 1/2 shell then wash them down with a lobster roll. The shrimp cocktail bloody mary's aren't bad either.

Peak Lodge at Killington both in the cafeteria & at the bar. I'm not aware of any other ski area venue where I can get oysters on the 1/2 shell then wash them down with a lobster roll. The shrimp cocktail bloody mary's aren't bad either.

A lobster roll?!? In the lodge?!? I'm there; sign me up!!

IBRAKE
  • Bkroon9175Bkroon9175 intermediate
    For cookies I think Pats Peak wins. For overall food my vote goes to Le Massif.
    What do they have at Le Massif? French Canadian goodness like poutain?? :)

IBRAKE

Didn't even mention Maryland crab cakes or seafood chowder. That's just seafood, don't get me started with the pork sliders.This at over 4.000ft. Yes it costs $$$ but that wasn't the question.

IBRAKE

Didn't even mention Maryland crab cakes or seafood chowder. That's just seafood, don't get me started with the pork sliders.

Too late!! Do tell!!

IBRAKE

Didn't even mention Maryland crab cakes or seafood chowder. That's just seafood, don't get me started with the pork sliders.

Too late!! Do tell!!
    Mini Cuban sandwiches...yum!!!!  Think you get 4 or 5 if I remember right. Those are on the bar menu along with the oysters.Lot's of other goodies too.

The cookies really are great! ;))
    Mount Abram has great chili!
    - Sam
  • philphil intermediate
    The haddock chowder at Saddleback is as good as at some restaurants down on the coast

What kind of cookies? Giant chocolate chip?

What kind of cookies? Giant chocolate chip?
    Giant M&M!
    - Sam
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    Breakfast sandwiches at Middlebury. hmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Bkroon9175Bkroon9175 intermediate
    The cookies at Pats are huge and good. We often get some for the ride home. Eve my daughter who only eats Paleo breaks her eating rules for Pats Peak cookies. I think the Schwendi Hut at Waterville has pretty darn good food.
  • usafnav2191usafnav2191 novice

Maybe I'm just a nostalgic sap but I loved the charbroiled burgers and gigantic homemade chocolate chip cookies at Labrador Mt as a boy. They're still great! I'll go out of my way to drive there just for the cookies.

Which resort lodges have grub that's so good you gotta buy it every time you're there?

IBRAKE

Testify IBRAKE!  Lab's huge chocolate chip cookies are the heat!  We also used to buy Lab's cheese pizza and split it three ways...best deal at any mountain I've been too.  The Last Run Bar (formerly Puffin Bird Inn) has some great food too.  Ever have a Goulash Sandwich?  Lab rules!!