What's your favourite après ski restaurant and bar?

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 887
Alas, I don't have one, unless a piping hot cheese fondue dinner with white wine at home counts!

What's your place and what do you like to order?

IBRAKE

Comments

Alas, I don't have one, unless a piping hot cheese fondue dinner with white wine at home counts!

What's your place and what do you like to order?

IBRAKE

Anything at Poor People's Pub on the way back from Conway or anything at The Fort in Lebanon.
    - Sam
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,028
    The Moat in North Conway!  Quesadilla & a sampler flight!  

<:-P <:-P <:-P   beer mug doesn't work?

Cheers!
  • SnowmasterSnowmaster advanced
    edited May 2015 Posts: 163
    Horsefeathers right across from the train station in Conway, Phoenix House & Well in Newry. The place at the bottom of the Founders' building at Stratton gets honorable mention: Drinks are expensive, but they make up for it with free fondue.

Horsefeathers right across from the train station in Conway, Phoenix House & Well in Newry. The place at the bottom of the Founders' building at Stratton gets honorable mention: Drinks are expensive, but they make up for it with free fondue.

Free fondue?!? 'Nuff said!!!
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,252
    I remember Horsefeathers after driving Mt Washington auto road 9/07 on my way to the Maritimes. It was quite good. The Comfort inn in Conway was one of the best also.

IBrake I always took you for a beer man
    ciscokid said:

I remember Horsefeathers after driving Mt Washington auto road 9/07 on my way to the Maritimes. It was quite good. The Comfort inn in Conway was one of the best also.

IBrake I always took you for a beer man

Ciscokid -

I'm a fine wine guy AND a beer guy! I am a big fan of IPAs with really good west coast hops and am always on the lookout for a really good micro brew (I like different types of brews, not just pale ales.) What microbreweries are there in North Conway?

Regarding wines I'm partial these days to Argentine Malbecs and Spanish Riojas.

IBRAKE

• ski_itski_it expert
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,605

What microbreweries are there in North Conway? 

IBRAKE

Conway:

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/

North Conway:

http://www.moatmountain.com/

Just opened

http://www.seadogbrewing.com/

I'm not getting how this url insert works

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    When I was underage-- Madigan's in E'ville

When I was over 21-- the Ginmill also in E'ville and the Blue Tooth in Warren, 

When I was over 30-- Ellicottville Inn,  E'ville Brewery and the Base Box at MRG. 

When I was over 40-- my couch, thank you very much. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    ski_it said:

What microbreweries are there in North Conway?&nbsp

IBRAKE

Conway:

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/

North Conway:

http://www.moatmountain.com/

Just opened

http://www.seadogbrewing.com/

I'm not getting how this url insert works

The Moat Mountain IPA looks really interesting!
  • Bkroon9175Bkroon9175 intermediate
    Le Diable at Mont Tremblant and T Bars at Waterville are my favorites. I love the brews at Le Diable and the food is decent. Le Diable has a great after ski crowd.
    Le Diable sounds great! (I LOVE Mt. Tremblant, by the way! Superb skiing and some of the best double diamonds I've ever skied!) Does Le Diable have live music and dance or just a really awesome après ski crowd of thirty somethings and forty somethings?

IBRAKE
  • MoeMoe novice

Le Diable at Mont Tremblant and T Bars at Waterville are my favorites. I love the brews at Le Diable and the food is decent. Le Diable has a great after ski crowd.

Great bar!!! I got absolutely bombed there one night about 15 years ago... Made for a fun walk back uphill to the hotel :D
  • abubobabubob advanced
    edited May 2015 Posts: 103
    For now - Flying Goose Brew Pub in New London, NH. Best IPA I've ever had.
    abubob said:

Any idea if they use west coast hops in their IPA? Really strong grapefruit and pine notes?

IBRAKE

• abubobabubob advanced

abubob said:

Any idea if they use west coast hops in their IPA? Really strong grapefruit and pine notes?

IBRAKE

No, I don't but that's a real good question to ask next time I'm in there - which may be real soon as my growler has run dry again.
    abubob said:

abubob said:

IBRAKE

No, I don't but that's a real good question to ask next time I'm in there - which may be real soon as my growler has run dry again.

Wonder if they send bottles out of state? I'll make a Wegmans run and grab me some.
  • abubobabubob advanced
    According to the Flying Goose website they grow their own hops. Now where those hop plant originated would be the question to ask and how much of their own hops they use.

Seems I have seen their stuff in bottles here in Alexandria and they seemed crazy expensive at the time. A 32 oz. growler goes for $14 which translate to over $5 per twelve oz's.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,605
    abubob said:

Do you mean the Suplex Double IPA? Very good.

Moat's IPA is good. I really like Tuckerman's IPA too, but when I was last there it was only available for tastings or growlers. They hadn't gotten label approval yet.  

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • abubobabubob advanced
    edited May 2015 Posts: 103
    ski_it said:

abubob said:

No, actually it was the Flying Goose Pale Ale. But double IPA sounds goods. That's it! I'm driving down there.  <:-P (Beer mug don't work)
    abubob said:

ski_it said:

abubob said:

No, actually it was the Flying Goose Pale Ale. But double IPA sounds goods. That's it! I'm driving down there.  <:-P (Beer mug don't work)

I'm scouting for some today after work!
    edited May 2015 Posts: 55
    Inbrakefortbars, Le Diable is good beer and grub, walk in with your ski boots on saddle on up to the bar. No music just a generally good crowd

Inbrakefortbars, Le Diable is good beer and grub, walk in with your ski boots on saddle on up to the bar. No music just a generally good crowd

That sounds super! Nothing pretentious about this if you can walk up to the bar in your ski boots.
    Henniker Brewery, near Pats Peak, makes on awesome coffee stout which goes well with Apple pie
    Wow, a coffee stout? That does sound good with a homemade apple pie.