Which New England ski area has the most interesting blue square terrain?

2»

Comments

• joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert

I looked at a Bromley trail map and there's summit to base intermediate skiing. Anyone skied it? What's it's challenge and character like?

Bromley has excellent intermediate terrain and with its southern exposure, you get nice views of Magic, Stratton and (NELSAP) Snow Valley.  The big complaint about Bromley 30+ years ago was an absence of advanced terrain that was nominally cured when they stopped grooming out their moguls.
  • mapnutmapnut expert

Bromley is great; pretty much all of the runs on the south face are fun and no two alike. The only shortcoming is that the trail count just off the summit is low and the main run Twister is ridiculously wide, not that fun. But it soon splits up into many routes.

You planning some trips east, Ibrake? Hope so.

mapnut said:

Bromley is great; pretty much all of the runs on the south face are fun and no two alike. The only shortcoming is that the trail count just off the summit is low and the main run Twister is ridiculously wide, not that fun. But it soon splits up into many routes.

You planning some trips east, Ibrake? Hope so.

I very much would love me some VT and/or NH skiing action this upcoming winter, so long as my wallet and fitness cooperate!
  • hrstrat57hrstrat57 novice
    Forgot about Bromley, good call blue square city.
    hrstrat57 said:

Forgot about Bromley, good call blue square city.

Sure does look fun! So does Magic and, up further north, MRG, Sugarbush, and - now that I think about it - Smugglers Notch. Gotta love those places that keep the trails and the lifts to the top nice and old-school!

IBRAKE
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    I also dig Upper Rim Run to lower Rim Run over at Mellen. I'll post some pix of work there and the views from the top and on the way down. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • bodhimaxbodhimax novice

I looked at a Bromley trail map and there's summit to base intermediate skiing. Anyone skied it? What's it's challenge and character like?

I would describe it as a family friendly place that is rarely crowded and has a relaxed vibe.  It has a reasonable mix of terrain, a few glades and a few challenging runs.  Overall, I guess I would describe it as a mid-sized mountain by Vermont standards, with primarily intermediate runs.  Always a great option when Stratton is crowded; also, Magic is nearby if you're looking for more challenging runs.