Character Limit

ski_itski_it expert
edited November 2015 in Website Discussion Posts: 1,559

Hello Admin,

1. Would you share with us the character limit for a discussion post? Is it 5000 characters?

2. Would you know why page 6 of "Name that area in 3 clues" is a blank grey screen?

Thanks

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

ski_it said:

Hello Admin,

1. Would you share with us the character limit for a discussion post? Is it 5000 characters?

2. Would you know why page 6 of "Name that area in 3 clues" is a blank grey screen?

Thanks

Page six works for me.
    - Sam
  • adminadmin intermediate
    Default is 8000. Problem is copy & paste from other sites collects all of the html code along with desired text.  Adds up quickly.  

Example, you copy and paste this headline from the snocountry.com newsletter:

NEWSLETTER

10 Characters?  Here's the actual character count, more like 100:

<div class="uk-panel uk-panel-space uk-hidden-small"><h3 class="uk-panel-title">NEWSLETTER</h3>

If you click on the <> icon in the toolbar you'll see the characters of a typical post.

Will increase to 16000

Hooper drives the boat, Chief.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,559

I was thinking that could be one of the problems. That hint / reinforcement will help me work around it some.

Perhaps that's why MMQB no longer posts? Though I'm not sure they ever joined back up..

Thanks Quint

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,559

ski_it said:

Page six works for me.

It doesn't for me & mapnut. IE 11 here.

http://snowjournal.nplas.com/discussion/132/name-that-area-in-3-clues/p6

It works for me. I'm running iLunascape on an IPad right now.
    - Sam
  • obienickobienick expert
    Is there a way to copy-paste without the HTML?
  • tededetedede advanced
    obienick said:

Is there a way to copy-paste without the HTML?

Paste as Plain Text, or Paste and Match Style.
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    Characters are always welcome here.  No limits.