Cold Snap coming

I just saw on the extended 15 day forecast a window of cold weather from 11/23 through the end of the 15 day forecast for southern Vermont with the highs at 35 in the valley.

Looks like the HE pole cats will have enough time to get a run open for Black Friday if this forecast holds.

Anyone comment with better knowledge?
My heart bleeds for winter.

Comments

• I've heard the cold pattern will be brief and not as intense as forecast. Crapuweather has the 30 fay outlook/cold weather coming in after Thanksgiving Weekend. It looks cold enough for snowmaking past 11/21, just not 24 hours a day.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Deffinetly cold snap coming. Highs are prjected to be 30-35 high temps for all next week in mountains. Should be optimal for snowmaking starting Thursday night. Looking at a few models the pattern doesn't look to shake. Sugarloaf accweather is the worst.
    ~Rich~
  • ADKskier said:

Deffinetly cold snap coming. Highs are prjected to be 30-35 high temps for all next week in mountains.

Cold snap? Sounds like average seasonal temps, lol.
  • Still looking at warm temps with quite a bit of rain for later this week before the cold air settles in.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• true Rivercoil....just been so darn warm....
    ~Rich~