Who's left in the Northeast

ski_itski_it expert
edited May 2015 in Trip Reports Posts: 1,801

Just Killington  - but SC says parts of Switzerland got 20-36"

3 trails (may be) $54 adults
Wednesday, May 20, 2015

6:28 am 05/20/15--Although The Beast is closed for skiing and riding Monday-Thursday, the longest season in the East will continue Friday, when Killington reopens for the long Memorial Day weekend. Expect four consecutive days of soft bumps and late-May sunshine on Killington's legendary Superstar trail, served by the blazing fast Superstar Express Quad. First chair leaves the ramp at 9:00 a.m. Friday; we hope to see you there.

Existing terrain is for advanced skiers and riders only. Be aware of spring conditions and thin cover; ski or ride with care.

K-1 Lodge will be open Friday through Monday too offering tickets, rentals and guest services from Killington Sports (lower level). Food and beverage service will be available at K-1 Cafe, with Mahogany Ridge and Roaring Brook Umbrella Bars open for all your apres ski needs.

The Superstar Express Quad will run 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Fridays and 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through May and hopefully into June (closed Mon-Thur). We also plan to be open Memorial Day, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Stay tuned right here for updates.

Operating Day: 188

Also:

https://madpatski.wordpress.com/

H-mmm ..has anyone seen Patrick on here yet?

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

• sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Arapahoe Basin has 12" new in the last 72 hours and 41" since May 1st. I doubt they will be closing on 6/7/15.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• steamboat1steamboat1 advanced
    edited May 2015 Posts: 250
    Mammoth claims 24" so far in May.
     3 lifts & 20 trails still open with a 4th lift scheduled for the weekend.

• marcskimarcski advanced
    I spoke to my buddy out in SLC. Alta got 16" on Saturday-Sat. Night. He said they have a 75" base....great for earning your turns. The lifts stopped spinning a few weeks ago.
    As we're winding down the fine resorts in Chile and Argentina are getting going! Anyone here ever skied Portillo or Valley de las Leñas?
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Killington is hedging on next weekend.  Initially they reported that they would be closed next weekend and would re-open June 1.  Now they are saying, they won't decide on the weekend of May 29-31 until Thursday.  Based on the crowd I've seen the last few weekends, I don't think they are losing money!
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    I rode May 24th. Crowd got pretty good come the afternoon. Was surprised to see how strategically they had snow cats placed on the hill to swiftly connect the bump sections. There was one section near the bottom, that went from decent base to mud river bars. You had to go straight over it, or you'd end with a muddy ski/snowboard. There was a great crowd of people there, everyone was having a great time. At some times, Superstar felt like a double black, with the massive moguls and congestion.
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    edited May 2015 Posts: 777

Arapahoe Basin is extending their season by one week:

2015 Extended Ski & Ride Season - June 12-14, 2015

Further extensions dependent on conditions

Arapahoe Basin will operate with normal skier services seven days a week through Sunday, June 7. After that, we will be closed Monday-Thursday. A-Basin will reopen JUNE 12-14, 2015, from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm. CLOSING DAY is tentatively planned for Sunday, June 14. Please stay tuned to this page to see if we can keep going longer.

A-Basin has received 84" of snow since April 16 (with 50" in May!). Since winter made an appearance these last two months, we're going to keep the season going just a little longer than we planned...

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.