Pats Peak 1/23/2016

I've disappeared for a while, so I will return with a trip report! imageI went for Day 2 of my season today, heading down to Pats Peak, NH. My mission was to explore the mountain and take lots of pictures for Remontees-Mecaniques which I accomplished both! This was my first time visiting the ski area and I noted that they really have invested lots in their snowmaking equipment for a small mountain, with fan guns scattered all around. They even turned some snow guns into some gladed areas! The place was 100% open (except for a couple of glades possibly) which was part of the reason I came so early in the season. The conditions were pretty good and the place was busy, but the lift network was able to handle the crowds without problem. I had a solid day overall, thanks to the good terrain variety.

Riding the original chairlift at Pats Peak: their 1962 GMD Mueller double:

Cascade Basin which opened up for the 2013-2014 season:

Lot's of ski instructors ready to teach you to ski!

The bump run of the day:

A good day at Pats Peak.

Comments

Nice report Conrad, good to see you back. Wow I'm 3 yrs older than that beautiful Mueller.
    Wish these centerpole Riblets had lattice towers
    Are you done with college? Iirc you were in Maine
    I'm done with school in Maine and am now working and living in Vermont! I'm planning on exploring a decent amount of new ski areas this winter!
  • Pat's Peak usually has more terrain open than most similar areas. Thanks for sharing!
    - Sam
    Conrad - curious where you went to school in Maine?  Years ago I went to school in Maine and I'm sure that's where I caught the skiing bug. One bug that I'm glad to have caught.