Magic Mountain March 5

rickbolgerrickbolger expert
in The Hook-Up Posts: 1,118
Planning to partake of whatever they serve up best at Magic on Saturday, be it on the hill or in the bar.

Comments

• bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    Anything on Magic other than the beer?
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    Well there were a couple routes down, umpteen combinations if you went every conceivable way I suppose.  

Conditions were ice with granular on top, but not nearly as bad as the granular on ice I encountered at Gore a week earlier.  I would say it was decent, bad year eastern skiing.  

Bonus is, the red chair was running which was good.  I can't stand the black chair, the foot rest is too low for me to have feet under, too high to fit knees if I try to put my skis on it.  So I sort of sit cockeyed on that chair when it runs.  Despise it.  Glad to ride the red chair.

The sky was blue, sun was out, parking was close, beer was cold, ticket was cheap, liftlines nonexistent, trails were uncrowded, I was with friends, and I was skiing.  

It was a magical day!   

:)]
  • riverc0ilriverc0il advanced
    I have the same problem with the black chair. Can't get the boots under the foot rest nor can I get my skis on top of them. One of the most uncomfortable lifts in New England, IMO.
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    Thanks for the review.  Last time I rode the red chair my knees were in my jaw.  I'm 6'4".  I do not fit on the black chair.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Good upbeat report Rick.
    That's why I moved to Mich, no safety bar law.lol
    Do remember at Camelback trying to wedge myself , get cockeyed/ convoluted to rest the legs on a safety bar with Trackbiker, uuuggghhh

Had a safety bar footrest on the Leitner chair at HomesteadSunday,almost whacked the gopro off the helmet, put it back up and just held 5 year old Tyler by hand. The 34 yr old chairs had some slip resistant surface on them but yea.. I fully understand that safety bar -leg fit thing!
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,118
    ciscokid said:

remember at Camelback trying to wedge myself , get cockeyed/ convoluted to rest the legs on a safety bar with Trackbiker, uuuggghhh..... I fully understand that safety bar -leg fit thing!

Trackbiker is approx. the same height as I am (he might be taller)  and sits on the black chair with no problem.  In fact we ride a few chairs quite often where he rests comfortably and I'm figuratively dying.   I don't get that at all.
  • JMaulJMaul advanced

ciscokid said:

remember at Camelback trying to wedge myself , get cockeyed/ convoluted to rest the legs on a safety bar with Trackbiker, uuuggghhh..... I fully understand that safety bar -leg fit thing!

Trackbiker is approx. the same height as I am (he might be taller)  and sits on the black chair with no problem.  In fact we ride a few chairs quite often where he rests comfortably and I'm figuratively dying.   I don't get that at all.
    He's uncomfortable.

He just hides it well......
    :-$
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
    ;))