Guess this area #78

edited March 2016 in NELSAP Forum
Guess where I was 2 weeks ago. It's open..kinda. but probably not after this week of warmth!

20160223_110346.jpg
1200 x 675 - 649K

Comments

• Which state?

Looks like a yellow lab riding shotgun? lol

• Bear Creek?
    - Sam
  • Lostskier said:

Which state?

Looks like a yellow lab riding shotgun? lol

Yup, yellow lab riding shotgun. State is where I'm from, but not currently residing, although very close by :)
  • Hermitage??
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • Jiminy?
  • Twin Farms?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited March 2016
    ski_it said:

Twin Farms?

You got it!

Although I know it as Sonnenberg (my profile icon)  My dad was on patrol there, I skiied there a bunch as a kid, Grandfather dug the pond there... lots of family history there, so of course I had to drive by on the way to my grandmother's a few weeks ago! :)
  • My first look I thought I knew it & was thinking Jiminy or somesuchplace too, but then I finally saw that GATE.
    Without SJ 1.0 to reinforce my memory I couldn't recall that you were the one that gave us insider info on the place before. A Chicken coop, right? That's cool that you got to ski there and all. The hill looks bigger than I recall or was able to see from behind that gate when I was there. Looks like snow on it too. Was there any evidence that you could observe of skiing activities going on this season?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_it said:

My first look I thought I knew it & was thinking Jiminy or somesuchplace too, but then I finally saw that GATE.
    Without SJ 1.0 to reinforce my memory I couldn't recall that you were the one that gave us insider info on the place before. A Chicken coop, right? That's cool that you got to ski there and all. The hill looks bigger than I recall or was able to see from behind that gate when I was there. Looks like snow on it too. Was there any evidence that you could observe of skiing activities going on this season?
    I crept by there on the road, looked like the main slope had been groomed (probably by a drag) at somepoint this season; probably even man-made snow on it, as my grandmothers field had a similar exposure and that was bare..  Yes, you remember correctly; my aunt has the smaller poma's lift hut in use as a chicken coop.