Lifts that never operated this season

Black Chair at Magic

Outpost: Pico

Others?

Comments

• Do you want to count the triple & double at Tenney?
    - Sam
  • Ski area operated, but lifts that usually do, didn't
  • edited March 2016
    NJSki said:

Ski area operated, but lifts that usually do, didn't

Tenney was open for four hours...

I think it should count because they would have been open if the weather had been better just like Outpost.
    - Sam
  • They allowed skiing too.
  • NJSki said:

Black Chair at Magic

Outpost: Pico

Others?

Knomes Triple  at Pico as well.
  • Big Tupper.......never operated.
    ~Rich~
  • Does the Top Notch double at Attitash ever operate? I have never seen it spinning.
  • edited March 2016
    obienick said:

Does the Top Notch double at Attitash ever operate? I have never seen it spinning.

A friend that visits regularly says it spins a couple of times each winter.
    - Sam
  • Hudson chair- Gore Mountain

Lookout Mountain- Whiteface

Northwest triple- West Mountain

Hickory never opened

High Peaks at Gore only ran for about 5 days total 
    Ski it or die trying
  • Well gee, you'd have to be there everyday they were open to answer this quiz, but if I was a betting man:
    Wildcat TomCat Triple
    Sunapee Duckling Double
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Sugarbush: Castlerock and Slide Brook open very few days this 'winter', though they did run.

Suspecting the Bailey Falls lift at Midd never ran.

• Bolton: Almost entirely sure that WIlderness double never ran this season. What a shame, not enough natural snow for this season. 
  • So basically MLK weekend?  I've never seen it spin vacationing in Jackson during President's weekend/week.  
  • Do you want to count the triple & double at Tenney?

Triple maybe, the double hasn't been cert-ed yet...
  • Did needles eye at kmart run this year?
  • The Oz quad at Sunday River didn't spin until March, and then for only four days  I believe. 
  • Did Gnomes Knoll ever spin as well at Pico?

• edited March 2016
    newman said:

Did needles eye at kmart run this year?

Yes but it normally only operates Fri.-Sun. During the week they only spin Skyeship & North Brook to exit the area. Panic Button/lower Needles were still in excellent shape when I last skied them Thurs., Cruise Control not so much. Needles will still be open this week. They are closing Bear (shame since OL still has good cover) & Ramshead after today, stage I, Sunrise & Skye Peak Express haven't spun for at least a week. Upper Skyeburst was still open down to the Snowshed crossover (which is open) this past week. Upper Skyeburst then crossover to Needles below the crossover made for excellent runs this week.
  • The cheers center pole double at Crystal mtn Mi. Rarely spins , rode it once. Pic by way of Austrailia
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
  • ski_it said:

Wildcat TomCat Triple

TomCat Triple ran in early February when I was there because the summit chair was on a wind hold.
  • podunk77 said:

ski_it said:

Wildcat TomCat Triple

TomCat Triple ran in early February when I was there because the summit chair was on a wind hold.
    he's right I rode it early Febrauary
  • obienick said:

Does the Top Notch double at Attitash ever operate? I have never seen it spinning.

A friend that visits regularly says it spins a couple of times each winter.
    Technical difficulties actually kept it from spinning at all this winter, actual. Bull wheel issue i heard (they just had to replace the one on the summit triple a few years back) .
  • I don't think the World Cup Triple ran at Waterville Valley all winter
  • South Ridge chair at Killington, oh wait.
  • South Ridge chair at Killington, oh wait.

Speaking of Killington: Did all of the Snowshed Chairs operate one or more days?
  • mtsnow123 said:

Bolton: Almost entirely sure that WIlderness double never ran this season. What a shame, not enough natural snow for this season. 

Correct, Wilderness did not run at all. However, I heard from some backcountry skiers who ski around there that the trail had been groomed top to bottom a few times in Jan & Feb, so it may have been more of a $$$ decision than purely lack of snow that kept it entirely closed... Smuggs, Stowe & even Mad River had steeper natural snow terrain open this past winter.