Mount Snow's Ski Baba Borvig Lift Decomissioned

http://www.mountsnow.com/our-media/blog/kellys-blog/new-blog-1705/

Great photos of the lift being taken apart. I always love Kelly's blog post.

Comments

• marcski said:
    Thanks Marc!

I'll see if I can get some photos this weekend of what it looks like now, as I'm going to be up there this weekend as my 10yr old son is competing with a bunch of his ski friends in the "Mini Mudder" kids version of Tough Mudder which is at Mount Snow this weekend
  • edited June 2016
    Alas poor Ski Baba, I hardly knew ye. Actually, I don't think I ever knew ye. Perhaps I saw it out of the corner of my eye on the way down to Heavy Metal. Need to check pics
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Darn, thought I was fast, but nevermind. Anyone know how many resorts are performing upgrades to lift this year? Jay?

This is quite the small installation, but after a poor winter, it's better than nothing. 
  • edited June 2016
    mtsnow123 said:

Darn, thought I was fast, but nevermind. Anyone know how many resorts are performing upgrades to lift this year? Jay?

This is quite the small installation, but after a poor winter, it's better than nothing. 
    I've only heard of this one in NE. Jay's is a repair. Tenney Is a repair/recert. Laurel Mt. PA & Caberfae, MI are getting new lifts. I think there's some in the Rockies & west going in.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Le Rolais near Quebec City is installing a new HS6.
  • Big Sky is installing 2 new lifts, a HSQ & a carpet loading triple. Mount Bachelor is installing a new HSQ. That's what I know of off the top of my head.
  • See liftblog.com for very accurate lists...
    https://liftblog.com/new-lifts-2016/
  • Great list. Can we cross Cannon's t-bar off the list since 99% of us won't be able to use it?