Guess it #69

I stopped by this place and had lunch in the parking lot today after a jobsite visit.. anyone know where?

20160620_114243(1).jpg
1108 x 980 - 1M

Comments

• edited June 2016

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• sugarloaf said:

Your answer appears to be blank
  • Hmm. A Hall j-bar. Otis Ridge?

• Hmm. A Hall j-bar. Otis Ridge?

Nope. Wrong state. Hint: its in the state i'm from, but do not currently live.
  • Cochran's??
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • edited June 2016
    Suicide Six  *Nope, scratch that. S6 jbar has different hangers... hmm 

does look NELSAP-ish.

Could be Maple Valley if it is a t-bar and not j-bar. Can't see that clearly. 
  • Either it's NELSAP, or somebody's 2 years behind with their mowing.
  • Maple Valley?
  • +1 on Maple Valley. Pics on NESkiing History confirm.
  • obienick said:

Maple Valley?

Yes!  Looking pretty overgrown these days.. Too bad, as it looks like if could have been a fun place to ski!
    20160620_114243.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 9M
    20160620_114305.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 8M
    20160620_114318.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 7M
  • djspookman, I never thought it was very much fun. It was okay, but there were some pretty flat areas off the summit chair, and not all that steep anywhere on the hill, as I remember. I often went past it on the way to Stratton, Bromley or Magic and, having skied it a couple of times, never thought it was worth stopping again. Pretty location and, I suppose, convenient for skiers from that area, but apparently not enough to keep it in business. But, good luck to anyone who buys it.  
  • Wow! Those photos from lotoskiing's ad are fascinating. It's like a time warp in there and so well-preserved. Not sure when it last spun as an area but the rentals alone are museum pieces now. Whomever left it last also left spices on the rack and prices on the boards-- it'd be worth it just to tour the building. 

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • My parents were on the Brattleboro Ski Patrol, so I had the opportunity to ski Brattleboro Living Memorial Park, Maple Valley and Hogback, the areas covered by the patrol.  I outgrew the Park and Maple Valley at about age 6.  2 trails at the Park, and 4 at Maple Valley just did not hold my interest.
  • teighs said:

My parents were on the Brattleboro Ski Patrol, so I had the opportunity to ski Brattleboro Living Memorial Park, Maple Valley and Hogback, the areas covered by the patrol.  I outgrew the Park and Maple Valley at about age 6.  2 trails at the Park, and 4 at Maple Valley just did not hold my interest.

When we lived in Brattleboro I decided to hike Maple Valley soon after it closed. I was surprised how quickly it took me to get to the top. I can see how it would bore someone quickly, especially if skied often. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump