The Transition from SJ 1.0 to SJ 2.0

joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,350
MissDaEast suggested a "stickie" to describe and/or explain to newcomers to SJ2 what happened to SJ1 and where we are.

1. Chris announced in April that he was done with SJ administration and hosting as of May 15.
2. The SJ community did not want to see SJ disappear.  (Some in the group have been SJers for its full 15-year run.)
3. A new anonymous individual stepped up (and for now, s/he wants to remain anonymous). 
4. Eventually, the SJ1.0 postings will be available as an archive, but we don't know when that will happen.

Comments

• adminadmin intermediate
    any how to use questions click on greetings please
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief.
  • pagamonypagamony advanced
    Anyone else notice how well this works on an iphone ?  well done !!!
  • AzSkiAzSki intermediate
    Skiing in AZ sometimes like New England
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
    I just tried my fifth attempt (over a few weeks) to reduce a ropeways article to fit the new length requirements. Again I'm giving up. If I can't simply copy/paste articles I'm not going to keep trying to make them fit.
    TomWhite said:

I just tried my fifth attempt (over a few weeks) to reduce a ropeways article to fit the new length requirements. Again I'm giving up. If I can't simply copy/paste articles I'm not going to keep trying to make them fit.

Just link it!
    - Sam
    I don't know how to link or post pictures.
    TomWhite said:

I don't know how to link or post pictures.

Just copy and paste the link and it'll show up like this: http://newenglandskier.blogspot.com/2015/07/winter-is-still-hanging-on-in-mountains.html
    - Sam
    Oh sure I can do that, I was thinking when someone has link one goes directly to it. Thanks.
    Are there any plans to make 1.0 archives available?
    - Sam
    Wow, I never have used the mobile version until today and it's great! Very fast!
    - Sam
    We now have 200 members!
    - Sam
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert

We now have 200 members!

How do you know that?

BTW, I was speaking to Chris.  He still plans to make the SJ1.0 archives available, but says it is very low on his list of priorities.

We now have 200 members!

How do you know that?

BTW, I was speaking to Chris.  He still plans to make the SJ1.0 archives available, but says it is very low on his list of priorities.
    Look at the address line for our 200th member: http://snowjournal.com/profile/200/Stan51
    - Sam
    Do we still have a personal contact section? I've looked and haven't found one.
  • mapnutmapnut expert
    The envelope symbol at top right.
    Thanks.
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    Great St Paddy's day icon for the top! Now, do we do "Name that area" with the background? 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • newpylongnewpylong advanced
    Brodie, that's what I'm talking about haha.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing advanced
    Nice April Fool's pic...
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,350

Nice April Fool's pic...

With twin tips, what's the big deal?
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    After almost 2 yrs of transition any chance of being able to retrieve sj1 in the works?
    ciscokid said:

After almost 2 yrs of transition any chance of being able to retrieve sj1 in the works?

As far as I know, only Chris has access to those files and I haven't noticed any inputs from him in close to a year.