Guess this patroller shack - Attitash 8/26/2016

ski_itski_it expert
edited October 2016 in The Pit Posts: 1,559
The title says it all.
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments

• obienickobienick expert
    edited August 2016 Posts: 803

Gotta say that was a real tricky one.  I'll leave this here for others to find.  You are tricky with your crop job/photo angle.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited August 2016 Posts: 1,559

Tricky?? It took u all of 10 minutes. Good job. Not trying to be tricky. Looks to have been re-sided since your pic.

Looking at the stuff we ski over no wonder I need new skis.
    That Peakpass was burning a hole in my pocket so we took this chair and the one at Wildcat the day before. Do we count those as runs? Normally $15 Ea.imageimage

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    image.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    image.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
  • obienickobienick expert
    I meant you did a good job cropping or framing the photo to give few clues.  I literally wracked my brain the whole time thinking of ski areas with a pre-merger Dopp HSQ and a hut that you ski down to.
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
     I've passed that shack many times and didn't recognize from the photo.  Clever photo indeed!
  • ski_itski_it expert
    obienick said:

I meant you did a good job cropping or framing the photo to give few clues.  I literally wracked my brain the whole time thinking of ski areas with a pre-merger Dopp HSQ and a hut that you ski down to.

I was trying to include part of the lift in it. I had another photo without the chair going by too, although I missed the cable connection portion of the chair in the pic I posted. There's a solitary, fairly new looking ski sitting on the other side of the roof.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    where is it? I don't see the answer. Looks like NH
  • JimKJimK advanced
    edited August 2016 Posts: 210

where is it? I don't see the answer. Looks like NH

Good question.  Attitash??

Please forgive this hijack, but I went to this patrol shack last winter.  It has got to be one of the coolest on the planet.  I'm thinking when my time is up I'll have someone secretly pour my ashes in the bottom of that BBQ grill:

• newpylongnewpylong advanced
    edited August 2016 Posts: 468
    that's an ASC gun gotta be an ex ASC mountain. Looks like Attitash's Bear Peak
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Holy ski mountains, Batman! I totally didn't notice there was no answer. Yes, Attitash Bear Peak. Wildcat & Attitash are part of Peak Resorts. And JimK that's so unfair! ;) Where is that again? Looks like the Canadian Rockies. I need to take a photo class...or travel more.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Jim K pic looks like Aspen Highlands?
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert

Jim K pic looks like Aspen Highlands?

+1, has that maroon bells thing going on
  • iskiatomiciskiatomic novice
    Mount Southington, CT
  • JimKJimK advanced
    edited August 2016 Posts: 210
    Yes, Aspen Highlands.  14ers:  Maroon Bells to right, Pyramid Peak partially obstructed to left.