Crotched Mountain 2016-2017

1234568»

Comments

• joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Apr. 16, 2017 - Sun.

Pretty scary how much snow was lost since Friday.  Satellite Summit may still be continuous from the top.  Neither Moon Walk nor Lower Blastoff (aka, Upper Pluto's) was.  I quit climbing when I ran out of snow on Lower Blastoff.  Pluto's is still T2B.  Some minimal walking is required on Magnitude and Meteor.

The water hole to the west of the Rocket that gets filled in with snow during the season, was about half full as the drain/outflow could not quite keep up with the inflow.  Lots of water coming off the hill.

To Quietman: If you want to earn some turns, don't wait too long!

I saw a hiker, but no other skiers/riders.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Somebody shutdown the cam so now we can't see what's left to earn turns on. Oh well.
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Remski said:

Somebody shutdown the cam so now we can't see what's left to earn turns on. Oh well.

As of yesterday, you would be hard pressed to find more than 300 continuous vertical feet without "some walking required". The quantity of snow that melted between Friday, the 14th and yesterday can only be categorized as epic.

• QuietmanQuietman novice

Apr. 16, 2017 - Sun.

To Quietman: If you want to earn some turns, don't wait too long!

I waited too long. Drove by this afternoon and didn't bother getting out of the car. Oh well, it was a fun spring!!