Other uses for skis

ski_itski_it expert
edited December 2016 in The Pit Posts: 1,605
I think I may have found JMaul's house. Well it's in the same town anyway.image Not sure if it was pre-Sandy or a post-Sandy addition.
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    I actually used 3 of those models: Rossi ST Comps (first 'real' skis'), Atomic ARC (great ski), Kästle rx12 (meh)

Not my choice for exterior treatment, but good on 'em for the effort.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,605

I actually used 3 of those models: Rossi ST Comps (first 'real' skis'), Atomic ARC (great ski), Kästle rx12 (meh)

That's what everyone says when I show them the pic. I on the other hand had none of these exact models.

:(
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • newmannewman advanced
    I had friends that had about half of the skis I see. I remember seeing all of them. I'm guessing they are from the mid to late 80s.
  • obienickobienick expert
    I've seen a lot of skis be turned into Adirondack-like chairs. Never before seen a fence!
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    Don't think that's JMaul's house, he would still be using those Kastles  

;)
  • djspookmandjspookman advanced
    Oh, that's not a fence.. this guy (near my folks house) has a SKI FENCE!  All of his 1/3-1/2 acre is surrounded with them.. quite the 'masterpiece' :)

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.5073518,-72.9886193,3a,49.8y,178.54h,85.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_idkqhSMHnv3y6h1-rHCrg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
  • LiftGuyLiftGuy advanced
    edited December 2016 Posts: 125
    In Sun Valley you can use old skis for A) Building a fence or B) Siding for your garage!

Trying to fix the photos....
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    Love those Rossi 4S's in there.  Did anyone NOT have a pair?
  • LiftGuyLiftGuy advanced
    LiftGuy said:

In Sun Valley you can use old skis for A) Building a fence or B) Siding for your garage!

Trying to fix the photos....

SV Siding.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 413K
    Ski Fence Sun Valley.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 412K
  • SkizixSkizix advanced
    I use a pair to mark the driveway entrance...
    "I need a powder day"
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    I think I may have found JMaul's house. Well it's in the same town anyway.image Not sure if it was pre-Sandy or a post-Sandy addition.
    Very funny, ski_it. You should have made this a "Guess Where", cuz I have no idea where it is.

And, rickbolger. Yes, I'd be skiing those Kastle skis. They match my jacket.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Ya don't? Then it's not funny then. I think it's on Pelican Island. Near one of the bridges. If you're headed to Seaside it's on ur left.
  • trackbikertrackbiker intermediate
    JMaul said:

Very funny, ski_it. You should have made this a "Guess Where", cuz I have no idea where it is.

Now if you put that ski fence on an obscure ski hill with a limited slope view and a twig showing he would have found the location in no time. ;)
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,605
    I think it is around 45 Prince Edward Ave. It looks a little different in G maps street view but I see skis there. 
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    edited December 2016 Posts: 223
    I think it is around 45 Prince Edward Ave. It looks a little different in G maps street view but I see skis there. 
    That's new. Will have to check it out next time over the bridge.

Another use is a coat hanger. Gotta use full rocker skis for the one on the left :)]

imageimage 
    ski coat freestanding.jpg
    236 x 355 - 7K
    skicoat wall.jpg
    350 x 260 - 58K
  • CannonballCannonball advanced
    I use skis as a sled to bring my snowboards to the mountain. Best use I can think of for them.  :P
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert

I use skis as a sled to bring my snowboards to the mountain. Best use I can think of for them.  :P

Ha!  Good comeback Potsie.   ;)
  • mapnutmapnut expert

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Outhouse racing.

• JMaulJMaul advanced

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Outhouse racing.

Hold My Beer and Watch This.......