Other uses for skis

ski_itski_it expert
edited December 2016 in The Pit Posts: 1,386
I think I may have found JMaul's house. Well it's in the same town anyway.image Not sure if it was pre-Sandy or a post-Sandy addition.
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing advanced
    I actually used 3 of those models: Rossi ST Comps (first 'real' skis'), Atomic ARC (great ski), Kästle rx12 (meh)

Not my choice for exterior treatment, but good on 'em for the effort.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,386

I actually used 3 of those models: Rossi ST Comps (first 'real' skis'), Atomic ARC (great ski), Kästle rx12 (meh)

That's what everyone says when I show them the pic. I on the other hand had none of these exact models.

:(
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • newmannewman advanced
    I had friends that had about half of the skis I see. I remember seeing all of them. I'm guessing they are from the mid to late 80s.
  • obienickobienick expert
    I've seen a lot of skis be turned into Adirondack-like chairs. Never before seen a fence!
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    Don't think that's JMaul's house, he would still be using those Kastles  

;)
  • djspookmandjspookman advanced
    Oh, that's not a fence.. this guy (near my folks house) has a SKI FENCE!  All of his 1/3-1/2 acre is surrounded with them.. quite the 'masterpiece' :)

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.5073518,-72.9886193,3a,49.8y,178.54h,85.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_idkqhSMHnv3y6h1-rHCrg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
  • LiftGuyLiftGuy advanced
    edited December 2016 Posts: 118
    In Sun Valley you can use old skis for A) Building a fence or B) Siding for your garage!

Trying to fix the photos....
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    Love those Rossi 4S's in there.  Did anyone NOT have a pair?
  • LiftGuyLiftGuy advanced
    LiftGuy said:

In Sun Valley you can use old skis for A) Building a fence or B) Siding for your garage!

Trying to fix the photos....

SV Siding.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 413K
    Ski Fence Sun Valley.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 412K
  • SkizixSkizix advanced
    I use a pair to mark the driveway entrance...
    "I need a powder day"
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    I think I may have found JMaul's house. Well it's in the same town anyway.image Not sure if it was pre-Sandy or a post-Sandy addition.
    Very funny, ski_it. You should have made this a "Guess Where", cuz I have no idea where it is.

And, rickbolger. Yes, I'd be skiing those Kastle skis. They match my jacket.
    My Life Is A Very Complicated Drinking Game......
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Ya don't? Then it's not funny then. I think it's on Pelican Island. Near one of the bridges. If you're headed to Seaside it's on ur left.
  • trackbikertrackbiker intermediate
    JMaul said:

Very funny, ski_it. You should have made this a "Guess Where", cuz I have no idea where it is.

Now if you put that ski fence on an obscure ski hill with a limited slope view and a twig showing he would have found the location in no time. ;)
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,386
    I think it is around 45 Prince Edward Ave. It looks a little different in G maps street view but I see skis there. 
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    edited December 2016 Posts: 186
    I think it is around 45 Prince Edward Ave. It looks a little different in G maps street view but I see skis there. 
    That's new. Will have to check it out next time over the bridge.

Another use is a coat hanger. Gotta use full rocker skis for the one on the left :)]

imageimage 
    ski coat freestanding.jpg
    236 x 355 - 7K
    skicoat wall.jpg
    350 x 260 - 58K
  • CannonballCannonball intermediate
    I use skis as a sled to bring my snowboards to the mountain. Best use I can think of for them.  :P
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert

I use skis as a sled to bring my snowboards to the mountain. Best use I can think of for them.  :P

Ha!  Good comeback Potsie.   ;)
  • mapnutmapnut expert

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Outhouse racing.

• JMaulJMaul advanced

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Outhouse racing.

Hold My Beer and Watch This.......