Tenney Mountain Update (OPEN FOR SKIING!!!)

Comments

• Nevermind I see no grooming per Facebook.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• I think I just saw on their FB page that there will be limited grooming. I'd recommend calling for a more specific report, though.
  • And it sounds like there will be other trails groomed for Saturday
  • edited March 9
    Can't wait to hear and see reportsimage
    IMG_4041.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 707K
  • I'll be there Saturday on tele's. Great old fashion ski terrain. Hope they never change that.
  • I too may be there Sunday AM
  • We will be there Sunday afternoon.
  • How much are they charging for a lift ticket?
  • How much are they charging for a lift ticket?

$30
  • $45.00. 1/2day $35 per their website which you can access from their Facebook page.
  • edited March 10
    Well worth it with this snow, IMO
  • Remski said:

$45.00. 1/2day $35 per their website which you can access from their Facebook page.

Unless something changed Mike had said $30 for a lift ticket on his Facebook video
  • Treilly said:

Remski said:

$45.00. 1/2day $35 per their website which you can access from their Facebook page.

Unless something changed Mike had said $30 for a lift ticket on his Facebook video
    $39 today

• edited March 10
    Ticks are $39.So if you want to see and feel what skiing was like in the 50s&60s get up here. What really hit my senses was the lack of the sound of skis scraping ice because there’s no machine made snow all soft PP and POW!
  • Treilly said:

Treilly said:

Remski said:

$39 today

Surge pricing :)
  • edited March 10
    Where is Squam? Curious what his (her) thoughts are...not really, but anyway
  • Was amazing on Mar 10 - such a treat!!!!  I spent the am in at the VERY crowded Ragged and then enjoyed a quiet afternoon at Tenney.   Never rode lift-served at Tenney  (have skinned perhaps 5-6 times) so I was in for a BIG treat!!!!  It had that old-fashioned feel I really miss!!!!!  Snow was EXCELLENT.   Fun terrain.    
  • Any pictures?
  • imageimage
    IMG_4043.JPG
    265 x 190 - 19K
    IMG_4042.JPG
    491 x 309 - 137K
  • I'm hoping to go Sunday. If I do, expect plenty of pictures! ;))
    - Sam
  • edited March 16
    Dandelion --> Venus Fly Trap --> Pitcher --> Tote Road opens today.  Groomed too.
  • I'm heading to Tenney tomorrow. The camera is ready and I am very excited!
    - Sam
  • I'm heading to Tenney tomorrow. The camera is ready and I am very excited!

Can't wait Sam, how many lattice towers on the Hornet?
  • I believe there are 17 latices and 1 tube.
  • obienick said:

I believe there are 17 latices and 1 tube.

The young photographer should be posting pics of the 17 towers tonight.

Sam , I think of Conrad when you start
    posting your volume of pics. He was going around towers, unloading areas, engines, and anything lift related at the Boyne's like they were modeling beauty queens. It was quite a unique experience watching him do his thing. All action with very little talk. ( ibrake and I filled that void)

Conrad just takes pics( 919 a day) but hasn't posted many.( just giving you a hard time Conrad)
  • obienick said:

I believe there are 17 latices and 1 tube.

18 lattice and 1 tube
    - Sam
  • edited March 19
    For anyone interested, here is the list of trails that are currently skiable and not roped off;
    1. This Way
    2. That Way (tubing and condo access)
    5. Morning Glory (upper and lower sections; middle parts closed)
    7. Roller Coaster (ungroomed; lower part only and very top; entrance is very small and hidden)
    8. Hornet (upper and middle parts)
    9. Shooting Star
    10. Edelweiss
    11. Half Moon
    12. Tote Road (lower part only)
    22. Witch Hazel
    23. Pitcher
    24. Dandelion
    25. Venus Fly Trap
    30. Coming Home (upper part only)
    38. Cheryl's Chute
    39. Chipmunk
    40. Hemlock Glade
    42. Hornet Glade (enter through brush on Dandelion, then opens up; lower part is skiable with some brush)
    46. Wizard
    - Sam
  • edited March 19

I'm heading to Tenney tomorrow. The camera is ready and I am very excited!

Break it out! 

(Edited - looking at your trip report now)