Tenney Mountain Update (OPEN FOR SKIING!!!)

18910111214»

Comments

  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 2,251

    For anyone interested, here is the list of trails that are currently skiable and not roped off;
    1. This Way
    2. That Way (tubing and condo access)
    5. Morning Glory (upper and lower sections; middle parts closed)
    7. Roller Coaster (ungroomed; lower part only and very top; entrance is very small and hidden)
    8. Hornet (upper and middle parts)
    9. Shooting Star
    10. Edelweiss
    11. Half Moon
    12. Tote Road (lower part only)
    22. Witch Hazel
    23. Pitcher
    24. Dandelion
    25. Venus Fly Trap
    30. Coming Home (upper part only)
    38. Cheryl's Chute
    39. Chipmunk
    40. Hemlock Glade
    42. Hornet Glade (enter through brush on Dandelion, then opens up; lower part is skiable with some brush)
    46. Wizard

    How many of those open trails did you ski Sam or did I miss it in your report?
  • obienickobienick expert
    Posts: 1,106
    Was there Sunday again and I thought Witch Hazel had a rope across it.  Maybe it was dropped. But I only ventured that way once since Venus Fly Trap wasn't in the best of conditions.
  • Posts: 2,361
    ciscokid said:

    For anyone interested, here is the list of trails that are currently skiable and not roped off;
    1. This Way
    2. That Way (tubing and condo access)
    5. Morning Glory (upper and lower sections; middle parts closed)
    7. Roller Coaster (ungroomed; lower part only and very top; entrance is very small and hidden)
    8. Hornet (upper and middle parts)
    9. Shooting Star
    10. Edelweiss
    11. Half Moon
    12. Tote Road (lower part only)
    22. Witch Hazel
    23. Pitcher
    24. Dandelion
    25. Venus Fly Trap
    30. Coming Home (upper part only)
    38. Cheryl's Chute
    39. Chipmunk
    40. Hemlock Glade
    42. Hornet Glade (enter through brush on Dandelion, then opens up; lower part is skiable with some brush)
    46. Wizard

    How many of those open trails did you ski Sam or did I miss it in your report?

    I skied almost all of them
    - Sam
  • Posts: 2,361
    obienick said:

    Was there Sunday again and I thought Witch Hazel had a rope across it.  Maybe it was dropped. But I only ventured that way once since Venus Fly Trap wasn't in the best of conditions.


    There were a few areas of water which had to be avoided, but it was groomed, open, and I did two runs on it.
    - Sam
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    Posts: 661
    If nothing Tenney opening this year reminds people how skiing used to be before widescale snowmaking was installed anywhere. I am an obvious advocate of it but it certainly is something to ponder.
  • Posts: 2,361
    Season passes are now on sale for $229 all ages no blackouts
    - Sam
  • ME2VTskierME2VTskier advanced
    Posts: 126
    They are offering a limited number of FULL Season's passes for next year for $229. The details were on their FB page this morning.
  • becca_mbecca_m advanced
    Posts: 146
    I think it's a really cool place and definitely fills a niche, BUT,  Ragged (which is not that far away) at $259 for a season pass seems to be in direct competition.  Don't get me wrong, I think Tenney is great and have been there this season, but, I also have a Ragged pass.   
  • obienickobienick expert
    Posts: 1,106
    Got a pass!
  • ME2VTskierME2VTskier advanced
    Posts: 126
    obienick said:

    Got a pass!

    Got mine too!
  • bobbuttsbobbutts advanced
    Posts: 121
    Was tempted, but stuck with the Ragged pass as they have more reliable snow and high speed lifts. Will make a point of going to Tenney a couple times though.
  • obienickobienick expert
    edited March 30 Posts: 1,106
    Down to less than 36 at $229.99 per Facebook. Another block of 500 will go on sale after with slightly higher price.

    That's a lot of money they raised in a short time span!
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Posts: 421
    Have mine and getting a Ragged pass as well.
  • dcapbtlsdcapbtls intermediate
    Posts: 28
    That’s a lot of money???? Really???? How much does it cost to run 24 hours of snowmaking? Oh, wait. They don’t make snow....or maybe they might????
  • Posts: 2,361
    dcapbtls said:

    That’s a lot of money???? Really???? How much does it cost to run 24 hours of snowmaking? Oh, wait. They don’t make snow....or maybe they might????


    They will next season
    - Sam
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    Posts: 661
    A lot of work and capital needed to get upper mountain snowmaking over there for next season.
  • Posts: 2,361
    newpylong said:

    A lot of work and capital needed to get upper mountain snowmaking over there for next season.


    I know the Eclipse pod is ready to go and work has been done on the upper mountain. What still needs to be done to make the upper mountain snowmaking functional?
    - Sam
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    Posts: 661
    Everything but pipe really - Air hydrants, guns themselves, pumps and compressors.
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    Posts: 433
    Closing day tomorrow, 3/31 with $29 tickets.  Good little run.
  • obienickobienick expert
    edited March 31 Posts: 1,106

    Water hydrants present. About half of air hydrants have had their brass ball valves stolen by taking some sort of reciprocating saw to the hydrant between the bend and valve. Compressors will be rented for next year. The pumps are being replaced. I think HKD guns for the main mountain next year.

    Eclipse side pipes are good. They were in the midst of patching the lower and mid loop pipes on the Hornet side. Top loop (about 2/3rds of the Hornet side as well as Venus Fly Trap) is cut and welded closed at the valve house. There is a major breach somewhere and that loop hadn't worked for the last several years of operation.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Posts: 421
    Tried to access the Tenney website from my favorites and it just comes up blank. Has anyone else had this issue?
  • SullySully intermediate
    Posts: 34
    Anyone else notice that it seems like HKD is working with these smaller operations a lot these days. I know they worked with Magic a lot this season, same for a couple others. I wonder if they have a nice lease or older guns coming off lease type deal going.
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    edited April 4 Posts: 661
    We did a payment plan for our latest purchase with them 2 years ago. The pricing wasn't much below retail but they are flexible and provide great customer service.
Sign In or Register to comment.