Ragged 12/13

verticaldropverticaldrop intermediate
edited December 2016 in Trip Reports Posts: 33
Powder Packed Powder spectacular weather today 20-30 no wind, Raggae Glade now opened pics 1 and 2 Blueberry patch 3 (Headwall? 4, not open)  Wild side/wild ride 5...spear 6......main st 7(opens tomorrow)....  I just noticed when I enlarged  the 3rd pic that theres a ski patrol with an occupied sled... what I didn't capture was when a few moments later he stopped and out of the sled came a snow maker , who thanked him and walked away he was just getting a ride to mid mountain.....   
1213 ragged 001.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 4M
1213 ragged 006.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 4M
1213 ragged 020.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 3M
1213 ragged 016.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 1M
1213 ragged 012.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 1M
1213 ragged 029.JPG
3024 x 3024 - 1M
1213 ragged 009.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 1M

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Well I'll give ya an attaboy!
    Nice pics
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    thanks for the report and pics, looks like great skiing!
  • xwhalerxwhaler intermediate
    Nice report and pics....nice to see Raggae open. I'd like to see them start working their way over to Spear to get Yankee open for Xmas week. 
    Hopefully Ridge opens this wknd and then Yankee gets the love early next week.

I will be there tomorrow and Saturday on my pass.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Been to Ragged 5 times so far this season and I can say I am more than satisfied with my $299 pass. While terrain expansion to me seems a bit slow but that is because before they open a new trail they bury it with around 3 to 4 feet of snow. Thaw insurance indeed. All the glades are now closed but some may reopen with 6" or more. The trails on Spear peak are all open now and about half of Ragged Mt. trails are open. Grooming was outstanding this wknd with very little ice and some real nice Lsgr everywhere. Snowmaking is ongoing on some trails for expansion of terrain and resurfacing of existing trails. They are attracting some very good crowds with 5 min. lift waits on the 6 pack and no wait on the quad. Lodge is full but not overwhelmingly. When you need to refuel check out Birches Restaurant up stairs in the original lodge all the food is made fresh from scratch and is delicious. Hint sit at their bar and watch them cook your food.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    It just keeps getting better as the season progresses. Great grooming plus snowmaking on 3 trails. That new snowmaking pond is making a huge difference. With any luck from the next storm, most of the glades will get the ropes dropped. Best $299. I ever spent!