MRG opening tomorrow

They are running the double to start. Incredible amount of snow in the past week. Will be tremendous. Whole place has been skied in by people earning turns, so good base on most trails, except for some water bars.

:D

Comments

Which double?
    Sunnyside- the long one
    Single opens tomorrow, Dec. 14  :D

Best cover this time of year I have ever seen (30+ yrs in NE)
  • I assume it's better than Lincoln at Sugarbush on Saturday. It was really skiied off. The glades were close to scary at times with the amount of underbrush effecting riding. Mount Ellen opens this weekend!
    My daughter had a blast at LP on Monday after the latest infusion of snow. Hiked to Castlerock- said it was a blast, as was just about everything else. ME will be great.
  • My daughter had a blast at LP on Monday after the latest infusion of snow. Hiked to Castlerock- said it was a blast, as was just about everything else. ME will be great.

Glad to hear it. This incremnetal base building snow is exactly what we need for some phenomenal holiday skiing.
    fantastic!  that webcam they have is terrific, puts a big smile on my face this morning!
    Running single only for the next couple of days, then the whole mountain on Saturday, just in time for a solid storm- My guess is a half-foot or more.

On top of what is there already will make it pretty incredible
  • Unless there is a total meltdown, they'll have more open days (not including Practice Hill only days) by the end of December than they had all last season. 
  • I think they had 45 open days last year.
  • riverc0il said:

I think they had 45 open days last year.

Yes, but I think only 15 were not just the Practice Hill.
    45 open days sounds correct for last year. Mad River's main mountain was open for 35 of those days total. A few of those were the Sunnyside Double only, so the Single had a few less operating days.

The long range outlook for New England calls for above normal temperatures from around 12/22 - through to the New Year.

<p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
  • sugarloaf said:

The long range outlook for New England calls for above normal temperatures from around 12/22 - through to the New Year.

As long as we're not talking blow-torch, this isn't bad.  With lots of good snowmaking weather to date, bases are deep enough to handle it and the skiers will be more comfortable in the warmer temps.
  • Interesting forecast for this weekend and beyond: http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/
    ick

sugarloaf said:

As long as we're not talking blow-torch, this isn't bad.  With lots of good snowmaking weather to date, bases are deep enough to handle it and the skiers will be more comfortable in the warmer temps.
    I agree, but the natural trails are going bye bye over the next week and beyond, especially with the rain and warmth after Saturday mornings snowfall.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>