Caberfae Peaks, Mi 1/29/17

Went for the fourth time this year and I now paid for my $99 weekend season pass. They still had lots of snow after the 2 week warm up. The snow was a little frim and sugar like on top. The big shock was I figured the back country area would be all tracked out or icy and hard and to my surprise it was very soft with a fair amount of untraced snow. All in all another fun day in Northern Mi

Comments

Alright, alright, alright-t-t!!
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    You got me by 1. Actually with a walk up rate of $49 anything over 2 times is like a free day.( I paid $44 two years ago)

I was looking at the online price of $33 for a lift ticket.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 622
    Caberfae did have a small avalanche  Sunday the 22nd . It's technically out of bounds but I have gone off the back of the South Peak before in the area just above where this has happened. I won't be doing that anymore. These are not my pics. They now have this area roped off better
    Wow! That would have hurt. What a slab of snow to let go.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Yes. The back of the hill is kind of like a big snow drift. I saw a news article that said when it rained the water got under the snow and it let go
    Signage on south peak 2/4/17image