Mountain Creek Files for Bankruptcy

2»

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    slatham said:

there are a couple lost trails on granite, Fitz' folly for example, and one that goes down to the old triple on the Vernon side I think it was called opossum at one time.  I doubt the ones up high on looker's left
    . Vernon (the old white chair/half double-double) will ever come back, they were never any good

There is also an old trail under the upper section of the Cabriolet. There was also a trail that you got to via Pipeline and then taking a skiers left before the steep pitch of Pipeline.

Room for more too, but the key will be an over the top snowmaking system.
    and lots of rock-moving equipment....pretty rugged
  • slathamslatham advanced
    Yes skiers right off of Pipeline.
  • z1000307470z1000307470 advanced
    edited September 1 Posts: 104

slatham said:

There is also an old trail under the upper section of the Cabriolet. There was also a trail that you got to via Pipeline and then taking a skiers left before the steep pitch of Pipeline. 

Personally I never saw that "old trail" open -- even under the blue chair -- I didn't start skiing VV until 1975. 

I think you mean skier's right for that trail from Pipeline, there was a right turn and up to a few years ago it was still quite clear.  I think I have a trail map that shows it, will look up the name.  It was off the map when I returned to the sport in early 2000s.   I don't know of any trail skier's left off Pipeline; there may have been one but I never saw it, terrain is a bit nasty there

I didn't ski during VV/GG rather turbulent 1990s, that was the peak of their trail count.    Did some PR work for them in the early 1990s which was interesting

The trail under the blue chair was called Moonspin. I think they put the alpine slide on the lower portion of Moonspin. I have skied both sections way back in the early 1970s.
    Wasn't Granite View a trail SL of Pipeline? Is Pipeline open much?
  • 4aprice4aprice intermediate
    I skied under the old "Bubble Chair" or Blue Chair way back when,  I don't think Pipeline is open anymore.  Not totally sure about the 2nd one  but plan on finding out this coming season with several visits there.  Haven't been in a fairly long time so I have to admit I'm a little excited about it.  Plan on doing some pretty detailed TR's (Pictures etc) and having a little fun with it and coupling it with TR's from Camelback for "Alex's ski region #4" (those areas < 1 hour from " Stately Price Manor").

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Wasn't Granite View a trail SL of Pipeline? Is Pipeline open much?
  • newmannewman advanced
    Granite View and Pipeline were not on last years map. Gran Prix (the other expert run on that peak) was not opened last year at all