Weather Pattern Changing Late 06th..

Looks like the mild, boring weather we have had in the NE is coming to an end in less than a week - strong front goes through on the 06th- much colder air pours in - and chances of seeing snowstorms goes up. Arctic Oscillation goes very negative, NAO goes negative, PNA goes positive - all good signs for the NE.

Comments

huzzah!
    NELSAP said:

Arctic Oscillation goes very negative, NAO goes negative, PNA goes positive - all good signs for the NE.

LOL, and I thought IT nerds were king of the TLAs.  
    I'd say it's been a good month for snowmaking in New England. Good cold nights and very little rainfall or drastic warm-ups. We could use a snowstorm right about now, I will agree.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
    Lots of opportunity for Nor' Easter Development as well digging trough riding right up the coast by middle of next week. Hopefully something develops. Lake effect/Orographic and western runner opportunities. 
    ~Rich~
  • I know Jay is really in their own micro climate, but I will mention they have seen just under 2 FEET in the past 7 days.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 975
    mtsnow123 said:

I know Jay is really in their own micro climate, but I will mention they have seen just under 2 FEET in the past 7 days.

Whiteface has done well too. Eight Inches in the last 7 days.
    ~Rich~
  • Looks like the Jet Stream will dip down low enough for sustained snowmaking temps. for the Southeast as well.
    LAKE EFFECT!⛷⛷⛷
    Well Jeremy, December 6th, good call.  Change in the weather for sure.  Guns are on at Camelback (so I would imagine everywhere else as well), life can start to be good again.  Suddenly opening day does not seem so far away anymore.  Here's hoping that window stays open for an extended period of time.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Thanks! The forecast did verify which is always a good thing. 
    Keep an Eye on Tuesday looks like a good general snow for all of Northeast as of now. (Possible Nor' Easter next weekend on the GFS for Saturday). Whats your take on Tuesday Jer? anything to get excited about or too soon. 
    ~Rich~
    ADKskier said:

Keep an Eye on Tuesday looks like a good general snow for all of Northeast as of now. (Possible Nor' Easter next weekend on the GFS for Saturday). Whats your take on Tuesday Jer? anything to get excited about or too soon. 

Josh Fox seems to concur: http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/

:)]
  • mtsnow123 said:

I know Jay is really in their own micro climate, but I will mention they have seen just under 2 FEET in the past 7 days.

Don't forget over half of that fell before the rain/thaw/freeze. Less than a foot of fresh since temps went above freezing. Still pretty darn good and where I am heading this weekend.
    Jay?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Getting a nice Alberta clipper here right now at 5 am sat the 9th
  • ski_it said:

Jay?

Jay Peak. The most Northern ski resort in VT (Burke Mt might actually be a tad bit further north on Latitude, unsure)
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 4,667
    Burke is like 20 miles south of Jay.
    I misread what Rivercoil wrote while speed misreading. I missed the "and" and the Jay.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    4.5" of snow here in Enfield.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
    Looks like a decent dump tonight through Wednesday. Most of Upstate New York and Interior New England should be on the recieving end of 8-12. 
    ~Rich~