Mount Sunapee 2/18/2018 2/24

edited February 2018 in Trip Reports Posts: 4,667
Nelsbeer, I think you're DQ'd...image
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

Mount Snow?
    ~Rich~
    Sunapee
    Burke Mt.
    Yeah, definitely Sunapee :) That's Lynx.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 4,667
    Yes Sunapee and Lynx. Good job xlr8r & Jonni
    25-35 F, partly sunny, 6" new. Lift Lines avg 15 minutes, 56 of 66 trails, 9 of 10 lifts Packed Powder on Frozen Granular. The closed trails mainly glades.

White knuckle drive to get there. 6" of new snow. All skied off (cut up) by 9. Snow report said powder over packed powder. That was usually not the case. Mostly piles of powder over boiler plate, especially in Sun bowl. Helmets have that added benefit of acting like ear plugs in noisey conditions. Still There were some decent sections that were good around the mtn. Lynx & Eggbeater held up well. Flying goose had some big bumps. Plenty of coverage for the groomers to do their stuff (last) tonight.
    New RFID system works well. Lines were real long at both quads. The beginner quad had the longest line I'd ever seen over there. I had to go over there twice to meet a worker friend but didn't take the lift because of the line. The high speed quad had a good line all day but I've seen much worse there in the past. The triple was more manageable after 11. The lifties did a great job all day managing the queues. All in all an enjoyable day of skiing.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 5,277
    t⛷

Nice report , any lake pics to add?
  • Now that the answer is out, why did you DQ nelsbeer?
    He met up with with Ski_It Jr apres-ski that same day.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 4,667
    2/24/2018 - 49 trails 8 of 10 lifts 40-50 F. Machined groomed. The place was empty, ski on all day. They loss some coverage but it actually skied better than last Sunday (after it was skied off that day). It was spring skiing with corn snow and soft bumps. We skied until after the lifts closed and no rocks were hurt, so a good day