Yawgoo Valley closed for 17/18 season

Pouring rain right now and golf weather next week, Yawgoo had $25 lift ticket final day of season yesterday.

Comments

• Wow! Is that a new earliest closing record for them in the snowmaking era?
    Seems to be. But New England Ski History has a limited number of closing days listed. For reference, the brutal 2012 winter they closed March 4 and in 2016 they made it through March 6.
  • TygTyg
    The upcoming weather is brutal for RI this next week, mid 50s during the day and temps at night aren’t even reaching freezing. I don’t think many of the trails would make it for next wknd, espically w/rain today.
    Bull Mountain... don't go changin'!
    Lots closed in the southeast. Webcam's showing just spots of snow at some NC and WV areas. Sad to see. I know it has nothing to do with New England, but sad to see northern areas closing when the southies are closing.
    newman said:

Lots closed in the southeast. Webcam's showing just spots of snow at some NC and WV areas. Sad to see. I know it has nothing to do with New England, but sad to see northern areas closing when the southies are closing.

Wow, Sugar Mt looks grim. 
  • TygTyg
    Yawgoo valley the day after "bomb cyclone" in early January. 
    yawgoo1 160.6K
    Reopen today at 10AM
    Big disparity in snowfall yesterday with 5" here in Enfield and 15"-20" to my Northeast. We got dry slotted for most of the storm.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>

newman said:

Wow, Sugar Mt looks grim. 
    And now looks like mid-winter!
  • TygTyg
    hrstrat57 said:

Reopen today at 10AM

Looks like only the rope tow is open, rest of the hill is closed still.