Jack Frost PA 3/3/2018

edited March 5 in Trip Reports
They say they got 18" last night. image
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

• Jiminy Peak?  Looks like maybe 6 inches.
  • edited March 4
    Nope and I agree, idk how they measured 18. Couple blurry clues
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Looks like a Partec quad, I'm thinking. I also think I see a light on a pole on the far left of the photo. I see the snowmaking valves but no fixed guns.
  • Southington
  • Borving quad and it looks like there's a Steelers hat on someone riding the chair in front
    - Sam
  • Newman has Partek right and Sam had Steelers correct, so let me add not NE
  • ski_it said:

Newman has Partek right and Sam had Steelers correct, so let me add not NE

Well since ski_it has a Peak Pass and it's not New England, one could guess Hunter.
  • Holiday Valley reported 18 inches, and someone there may like the Steelers.  Total guess
  • edited March 4
    Pa ?
  • Pa? .. could be
    IMG_6864.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 705K
  • Jack Frost?
  • Jack Frost?

Big Boulder?
  • edited March 4
    OK Arrowhead Quad with upper Arrowhead in picture. Second pic added is Tecumseh with Chief Thunder on skiers Left?
  • Blue Knob?
  • newman said:

OK Arrowhead Quad with upper Arrowhead in picture. Second pic added is Tecumseh with Chief Thunder on skiers Left?

Looking on googleearth it doesn't seem to match.

• edited March 4
    Jack Frost PA is right.
    18" new but skied like 4-6. All 20 runs powder over ppp. said all 9 lifts but one half of the doubles did not spin. I skied all runs. 600 ft vert. The East side has some interesting runs. Some steepness but short. Fun skiing. They never checked our passes once.

We were supposed to arrive Friday night. Thank goodness we only came halfway. I80 was shut down in the mornings. Trucks stopped on the highway to wait it out. We hit back roads and ducked & weaved courtesy of Waze. There were abandoned cars trucks right on the roadway and down in ditches. Power lines down and the power is still out in the area. Luckily the resort areas have power. We were on fumes before we finally found an open gas station. I counted 25 cars abandoned. Talked to someone who had been headed to Camelback but had to turn around and come here wasting 2 hrs. Stories of 2 hrs trips turning into 8
    image1.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 654K
  • They used to have a headwall on skiers right of River Shot called Elevator. Short but soooo steep. I think it's off the map. Now I'll guess the second pic if from near the top of the expert double double?
  • Correct Newman
  • Interesting trail that goes along the river. There are two others that are green and pass a beginner lift then turn into blues with a short head wall down to another liftimage
    IMG_6862.JPG
    2016 x 1512 - 753K
  • ski_it said:

That is impressive...
  • Interesting upside down set up there. The lodges sits below the actual man and dirt pile made summit. You come out of the lodge, the slopes go down and the tubing hill goes up. I skied there and stayed at a friends condo. The condo complex is away from the slopes so you drive or shuttle bus to ski. That part of the condo setup made me wonder why so many u it's got built and sold.
  • Nice report. Here's a photo of the E Lift double-double taken January 20th with the river in the background for the lift nuts.

Jack Frost 1-20-2018.JPG
    640 x 480 - 107K
  • edited March 5

That is impressive...
    It was. There were several just left in the roadway, pickups, utility vans that apparently couldn't get up a hill. Cars stuck in snow banks. 2-3" of compacted snow (ice) on the "road". Roads mostly one good lane. On the way out we saw this guy kicking his car he was so ticked. It was still there the 2nd afternoon stuck in a snowbank off the road. At least this guy came back for his car. image
    IMG_6865.JPG
    1500 x 1126 - 488K