Dump for Catskills?

I am seeing 8-13 for Catskills tomorrow? Will make things a lot better...

Comments

Was going to ski Hunter tomorrow on the way to VT.  Think I'm going to swap my day off to Monday.  I think the winds will be shutting down a lot of lifts for the day.
    Has there been more wind hold this year? Just seems like I've seen a lot, or does it seem different to you?
    8-13...They could have spots with up to 3 feet, they are going to get Thumped. 
    ~Rich~
    Hunter power outage- lifts did not run for ling if at all. Tomorrow will be huge if lifts run
    I think they ran for right around an hour before the power cut off. Glad I switched to Monday.

My sister skied Mount Snow today. Quit around 2. Said they were soaked and it's still dumping.
    Plattekill was ground zero today. Just epic. <:-P
    Power still out at Hunter as of 5 am....that must be a scene in that base area if it continues.
    marcski said:

Plattekill was ground zero today. Just epic. <:-P </p>

Power on or off? Hike up Platty?
    Don't expect much in pictures while inhaling
    Should be goo report on nyskiblog
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,033
    I  just looked at the Belleayre webcam and the gondola is running, despite the wind. The HSQ and triple not running yet. They say they got 3 feet of snow.
    Hunter power back on around 2:30. Police turning people back on road to Windham b/c so many people headed that way. Reporting 28"
    Alpine Meadows, CA reporting 95" last 7 days
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    ski_it said:

Alpine Meadows, CA reporting 95" last 7 days

I don't doubt it.  I lucked out in Tahoe with a 100 inch week about 10 years ago.  Too much snow if there is such a thing.  As in lifts did not spin for 3 days or so.
    Sounds like another foot or two coming!

Lots for you all in northeast!

Looking forward to some nice pictured reports or video of powder runs please
    We got 3+ one day out there, but was about an hour late for opening due to having to pick up our marriage license.  Doh!!! 
    jaytrem said:

We got 3+ one day out there, but was about an hour late for opening due to having to pick up our marriage license.  Doh!!! 

jaytrem said:

jaytrem said:

There is a country music song in that comment somewhere...

Sorry that looks like Jaytrem's comment. I put the cursor in the wrong place and there is no going back....another potential song lyric there...
    Harvey can sure go after it and honestly between him and James deluxe(M) have a pure gift of words and his pics are hard to beat. I'm sorry I was unable to meet him and Marcski at the Bearpen hike

This is an epic report

http://nyskiblog.com/winter-storm-riley-at-plattekill/#more-47220
    Sitting here at Hunter Waiting for 2 to fall tonight and another 12+ by Thursday AM
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Cisco, I'd love to try to have another NELSAP meetup somewhere.

Here is a great shot of me that someone took from last Friday during the storm.  I posted it at NYSkiblog in the Plattekill conditions thread.  But, here's some love for NELSAP.

I wish I didn't have so much work...I'd love to be able to get up and ski tomorrow and Friday as well!    Alas, the weekend it is!
  • Great picture!
    - Sam
    Awesome pic Marcski!
    1-2" last night at Hunter. Maybe another 1" by noon. Snowing hard now. It warmed up yesterday then froze so the moguls and underneath are hard. Some nice areas powder on the protected trails that aren't too wind scoured. Headed back out to do battle
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,667
    Marc if I were you I'd blow that up to a life size poster and wallpaper my man cave. Oops I mean ski cave!
    Thanks guys. It is definitely one of the better ski action shots taken of me. Plattekill rocks. Unfortunately after last week, I need to work 5 days this week. (other than today's late afternoon xc ski and hopefully another one tomorrow morning before I head to the office). SkiIt save some snow for us regulars. I'll be back 1st thing Sat morning.