Question about a lift (Park City, UT)

edited April 2018 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 4,839
What is the name of the ski area in the western US uses an elevator as a lift?

Comments

Not sure they still do it but Park City used an old mine train and elevator to access the mountain. Was a another way up on the hill when the gondola line was long.

At Snowmass, CO there is an inclined elevator that services a private residential area.
    The Pines at Owl Creek. Installed by POMA-Otis.
    This one?
    imageimage
    woodcore said:

Not sure they still do it but Park City used an old mine train and elevator to access the mountain. Was a another way up on the hill when the gondola line was long.

It came up in a conversation yesterday and none of us could remember where it was.  It was associated with an old mine shaft and apparently there is a tunnel thru the mountain, so Park City is likely the answer for which I was looking.  Thanks.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 795
    This article may explain more about the Park City skiers subway/elevator operation in its early days around 1964:  http://mountainexpressmagazine.com/skiers-subway/

very cool and informative!  thanks for the link
    Not exactly the same but the tunnel over at Snowbird is pretty neat it you get the chance to go through it. Its kind of set up like a mining museum.
    Zermatt has an elevator from the top tram tunnel to the observation deck but I don't recall if u can ski from that point. I think not.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA