SJ "South" get together Friday April 27 2018

edited April 2018 in The Hook-Up Posts: 5,277
Will be in northern NJ the weekend of 4/27-29 and would like to see as many of you guys as possible for a beer and / or dinner. Will be stationed in Sussex county so a preferable meeting town of Sparta( Rick B will be on hand) or nearby( Lk Hopatcong ) are options.

The wife dictates that Fri 4/27 is the only available night to gather with my snowjournal associates.

Hoping to meet JMaul, any of the non SJ jersey boys, trackbiker, jaytrem, Njskibabe, Alex and whoever else would be interested in ski related discussion.

Krogh's in Lk Mohawk comes to mind, Alex has a great place he frequents on Lk Hopatcong, and I'd be receptive to a pub or grille near Snow Bowl, Craigmeur, Great Gorge , or wherever works best for any of you.

If there is a ski area still operating within a 3 hour drive of NNJ still operating I could be persuaded to get a few last turns in Friday daytime.

Who's available?

Comments

It will be great to see everyone again. I can meet up with you around 6:00/6:30pm.

Ideas of where to meet:

Grasshopper 2 - Route 23 Oak Ridge area

George Inn - Route 94 - McAfee (just down the road from Mountain Creek South

Let me know where.

:)
    Stone Water, Lake Hopatcong (Woodport)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Anywhere the gang wants to meet up is good with me.
    Waiting for a little more response, Jaytrem is about 80% in, Rick is " planning on it", Alex is in, Babe and I in.
    Still waiting for JMaul, trackbiker and others to commit.

My wife will be Hamburg visiting her best friend so the George Inn would be ideal with potential for a Playboy club gander and Great Gorge stopby, but Stone Water near the old yacht club was where we had a summer house fifty years ago on Springbrook road so it has a sentimental pull, along with being near Snow Bowl for a potential visit ahead of the gathering.

I extended a personal invitation to Newman thinking he resided near Hidden Valley NJ and find out he's hanging out skiing with Bob Dylan in Duluth.

Any and all Snowjournalist's are invited
    Babe any chance of getting the Lane brothers together? that Ken is a hoot
    (Heck let's invite ourselves over to their place and bring the beer, lol)

Would like to spend more time to hear from Jamesdeluxe, I'll extend an invitation. How 'bout Russ?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 5,277
    Ice storm here,hail/ sleet accumulation, haven't lost power, yet
    4/15/18image
    I don't know dude it's like a solid 4 hrs mostly south for me and in the New Jersey hinterlands.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 2,962
    ciscokid said:

Stone Water near the old yacht club was where we had a summer house fifty years ago on Springbrook road so it has a sentimental pull

If overcrowded Friday nights and $15 hamburgers are sentimental, this is the place.  But it is less than ten minutes away, so if Alex is buying, count me in!
    Rick:

You can paddle across the lake and get cheap drinks at Mason Street.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Mason street is great but it's your AMEX so you pick.
    I should be able to make this. 

Will be nice to put some faces to the names.

Try to not make the venue further north and west, please?
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
    Spoke to Rick, looking into Chester/ Bedminster 287/ 78 area for JMaul/ Trackbiker / Jaytrem accessibility
    Stay tuned
    That's a little better for me.  I hear Cranford is lovely this time of year. ;-)
    Sorry would love to make it.  Friday evenings are no good for me :(
    Well where do y'all want to meet?
    Talked with JMaul we recommendt  Top O' The Hill Tavern in Bridgewater.  Good access for north jersey, south jersey, and eastern pennsy.

Work for you?

Talked with JMaul we recommendt  Top O' The Hill Tavern in Bridgewater.  Good access for north jersey, south jersey, and eastern pennsy.

Work for you?
    Sounds good to me, what time Fri night? 7 ok?

Any interest in carpooling from Newton/ Sparta?

I am up for any time 6pm and beyond. 
    7 pm and Bridgewater may not work for me.  Understand people coming from all different directions.  5 might be doable for me somewhere.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    4aprice said:

7 pm and Bridgewater may not work for me.  Understand people coming from all different directions.  5 might be doable for me somewhere.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    How bout we start " happy hour " at 5:30 and take it from there, eat 6:30 ?

Work for you Alex? JMaul?
    Officially work for me. Can stay til about 8.
    ciscokid said:

4aprice said:

How bout we start " happy hour " at 5:30 and take it from there, eat 6:30 ?

Work for you Alex? JMaul?

Sure. I have some flexibility and would welcome an earlier start to get home at a reasonable hour.
    Sounds good, I should get there 6-6:30
    Ok I'll meet y'all there. I'll be there at 5:30 ish and stay till you tell me to get out of your hair.
    Trackbiker will be there too so as long as Alex can be there we'll have a full house.

I have to bring a case of Bells Oberon for my nephew cause he can't buy it in Mass. so he says.

See you at the top o the hill!
    I heard from Liz, she'll be there. didn't say what time but my guess is close to 5:30 if not earlier
    On my 16 miles out
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 5,277
    Here
    Yuengling on tap
    A great informal gathering of seven of veteran snowjournal contributors took place and the low keyed group shared much wisdom and tale of yore. With the exception of JMaul it was a "reunion" of our first lost hike of Snow Bowl Jefferson NJ from September of 2007.. Ciscokid arriving from Mi., Alex 4aprice of Lk Hopatcong fame,JMaul from the jersey shore, Trackbiker representing eastern Pennsy, the gorgeous Njskibabe, the illustrious Rick Bolger, and Jaytrem the North American ski adventurer.

I sat in the middle of the group overhearing a wide range of ski related topics, trip reports, ski pass purchases, and personal family info. A great time had by all . Thanks for the comraderie from my fine snowjournal friends. Hope to ski with you soon.image
    cisco: For those of us who don't know this distinguished crowd, could you list the names in the photo left to right.  (While I haven't met any of you, I figured out which one is njskibabe without any help :-) )
    From left, Alex, Ciscokid, Trackbiker, Rick Bolger, Jaytrem, Njskibabe

AND photographer JMaul image