Caberfae Peaks 12/17/17

edited December 2017 in Trip Reports Posts: 622
Another trip to Caberfae. Need to get use out of my weekend season pass. What a difference a few weeks can make. A good solid 2 weeks of snowmaking and 30” of lake effect snow will do wonders for conditions. The hill was open and there was packed powder everywhere. I was told Friday was the day to be there, they were closed all last week to make snow and they also got 18” of new snow and on Friday I was told it was like being out west with dry powder everywhere, unfortunately it’s was skied out and had to be gromed by Sunday. The lines weren’t as bad as I thought it would be maybe because Christmas is so close it may not be in some people’s budget to go skiing right now. The day started out around 20 degrees and the trees had frost on them. By lunch time it was around 26 out and we tailgated in the parking lot cooking burgers and sausage. It was a great day just missing Ciscokid (Bob). Looking forward to my trip to Boyne and Nubs Nob in about a month with him. Also no trip to Caberfae is complete without having a $4 Bloody Mary from Arlo. I would have taken more photos but the battery on my phone died. imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Thanks for sharing! Not sure how you jumped ahead in time though ;))
    - Sam
    I was there with you in spirit my friend Ted yes that powder look delicious I wish I could've placed some of it without my face plant and I can taste that bloody Mary also don't worry our time will come close to a 30 day countdown
    Yes your date is wrong but that is the reason visual defects of a good bloody Mary a long drive home and a great hard day of skiing
    I sat 3 1/2 hours in the dentist chair getting a root canal's on Saturday so my skin was canceled Skiing the stockyards Siri thing don't work work worth a crap
    ciscokid said:

Yes your date is wrong but that is the reason visual defects of a good bloody Mary a long drive home and a great hard day of skiing

Fat thumbs caused the wrong number to be pushed not bloody Mary’s. But it was delicious
    Reopening of my favorite Skyview Jetson lodge Saturday! BYOB
    ciscokid said:

Reopening of my favorite Skyview Jetson lodge Saturday! BYOB

You know I will have some Redd's Apple Ale with me and at least a few for you Bob
    I am counting on it the boys are not coming so we could venture into both of the bars to get some new pictures
    Did you see that video I sent you Ted of the interview with Tim or Pete m
    Yes I did. There is so much history there