Have we had a BEER thread yet this summer? Thru 2023 2015-2019

edited August 2023 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 5,283
What has been your beverage of choice in the off season?

Always was a Arnie fan and Seven Springs sounds good so I have gone retro image

Comments

Found some good ones in a Otter Creek Sampler this summer. 

But I will always miss Catamount <<snif>>. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." <div>Greg Stump</div>
  • Lagunita's Lil' Sumpin Sumpin IPA!!!
    Hop Nosh by Unita, or Stoneface IPA.  nom nom.
    If the idea of this thread is Beer Brands that have a skiing connotation, I'll offer "Tuckermans", but this subject seems more typical of an AZ thread.
    cisco you are giving me pains.  Pains!

You live in Michigan where you can get Bell's Two-Hearted Ale at will, Founder's, and a bunch of other great offerings and you post a photo of a beer now brewed at the Bud plant in NEW JERSEY.

:-??

cisco you are giving me pains.  Pains!

You live in Michigan where you can get Bell's Two-Hearted Ale at will, Founder's, and a bunch of other great offerings and you post a photo of a beer now brewed at the Bud plant in NEW JERSEY.

:-??
    Doh!! Sorry, Cisco, but I have to agree wholeheartedly with Rick!!

I am an IPA head. This summer (and for about 6 nonths or so now) I have been enjoying the Finch's Beer Co. Hardcore Chimera. A delicious, extra citrussy, double IPA. Comes in at 9.0% abv (although you wouldn't really know it by taste) and it is sold in a 4-pack of 16oz cans. IMHO, it is one of the best DIPA's around and is probably The best DIPA for the money. ($9.99/the aforementioned 4-pack at my LBS).

Thttps://farm1.staticflickr.com/299/19762332173_e2fbd938f9.jpg

[Is it just me or does anyone else have issues when attempting to embed photos from another site with their phones?]

Marc I haven't heard of that one. Sounds good I'll have to try it. Just happen to be at Throwback and Beara Irish Breweries today. If you are on the sea coast of NH I recommend them
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

If the idea of this thread is Beer Brands that have a skiing connotation, I'll offer "Tuckermans", but this subject seems more typical of an AZ thread.

We had several beer threads over the years on sj1

What's wrong with a beer thread in silly season/ summer on sj2?

Are we better thanAZ?

This stuff tasted pretty good whatever it was

Strawberry Whale Cake by Burlington Beer Company.
    http://www.burlingtonbeercompany.com/
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 4,671
    Oooh Betsy, I don't know what that is but it sounds scrumptious. I have been thinking of visiting Burlington this fall. This may seal the deal.

Hmmm after reading the description it probably won't be available in the fall. No matter, they have plenty of choices to try
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Their beers are Yummy. Wizard is good as is Chasing Rabbits.
    If you come to Burlington you should also hit up Fiddlehead, Citizen Cider, Zero Gravity. So much good beer up here.
  • Betsy said:

Their beers are Yummy. Wizard is good as is Chasing Rabbits.
    If you come to Burlington you should also hit up Fiddlehead, Citizen Cider, Zero Gravity. So much good beer up here.

How good are their IPAs? The more citrusy the better!!

Agreed. I had a Ballast Point Sculpin on the beach this afternoon.
  • marcski said:

Agreed. I had a Ballast Point Sculpin on the beach this afternoon.
    I'll be enjoying those Sculpin IPAs in San Diego next month!!

I thought I'd share this with you guys. Since I couldn't ski last January & most of February and to the chagrin of Mrs Ski_it, I made this little map in my down time. May be some of you will find it useful. Although it works poorly on the phones

Remember to use it responsibly.

Craft Breweries, Brew Pubs & Beer Bars of New England, E. New York & New
    Jersey

http://www.communitywalk.com/boston/ma/craft_breweries_in_the_northeast/map/1789366

Other useful sites:

http://www.taplister.com/

http://www.ratebeer.com/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/

http://www.brewingnews.com/yankeebrew/

14th Star beer is also very good. A couple of NU grads started it in VT. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." <div>Greg Stump</div>

Dude, I think you're showing your age. :) It's now NEU if you mean Northeastern. I should know I'm one too.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to add that one. Only 7 mins from Hard
    'Ack

Joshua, do you like how I linked it back to skiing? :)

• Couldn't find Burlington Brew at Giant Eagle so I need to make a Wegmans run (BEST grocery store EVER!!) and see if they stock it.

Meantime, I'm rocking this stuff tonight!

IBRAKE
  • And one of these!!! image
    What does Wegman's extract for a six of Ballast Point?  
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 1,836
    Ha! Giant Eagle extracted $14.99 from me for that Ballast Point six-pack!!! :O
    I just had some great brews at Schillings in Littleton, NH.. I'd highly recommend the Foy if you stop in. Their flatbread was AMAZING too!!

That's why green bottled beer from NJ or a dozen other plants for $5.49 a 6 fit the bill. It saves $ for our UP trip. Besides I like Latrobe and western Pa.

Maybe I'll see if Yuengling sits by Leinenkeugle or however you spell Chippewa falls shanty.

Been a while since Genesee but since the wife likes RR I'll stick with what works.

IBrake you can educate me on our trip

That's about the same here in NJ.  $14.99 is what I pay for a 12 pack of Saranac, Magic Hat, Long Trail, etc.  Finally tried it a couple weeks ago -- the Sculpin is good, but it ain't twice as good.  

When the wallet is fat, and am in the mood for a good DIPA, I opt for LT Limbo 

Headed to Maine this week, first stop is Cigarette City in NH for beer!  
    \:D/
  • ciscokid said:

That's why green bottled beer from NJ or a dozen other plants for $5.49 a 6 fit the bill. It saves $ for our UP trip. Besides I like Latrobe and western Pa.

Maybe I'll see if Yuengling sits by Leinenkeugle or however you spell Chippewa falls shanty.

Been a while since Genesee but since the wife likes RR I'll stick with what works.

IBrake you can educate me on our trip
    Oh, I have yet to meet a Yuengling, Rolling Rock, or Leinenkugel I didn't like! :D I'm a sucker for any microbrew I can find, though!
    Cisco if you like Latrobe, and you long for the flavor of the old glass lined tanks, you can buy Red Stripe or Guinness Blonde -- both made there now.   Confusing, eh?

"33"   
    :)]
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,967
    Which reminds me.  Party where I tried the Sculpin was at a country club.  They had a big rowboat filled with ice and three or four different beers, which included Allagash white, Ballast Point Sculpin, Red Stripe, and that ghastly Not Your Father's Root Beer.   People were free to take whatever they wanted.

End of the night, you guessed it -- the only beer left in the boat was Allagash and Ballast Point.

:-/

I just had some great brews at Schillings in Littleton, NH.. I'd highly recommend the Foy if you stop in. Their flatbread was AMAZING too!!

Me too! Just 3 mins from Mount Eustis .

Joshua, do you like how I linked it back to skiing again? :)

• Which reminds me.  Party where I tried the Sculpin was at a country club.  They had a big rowboat filled with ice and three or four different beers, which included Allagash white, Ballast Point Sculpin, Red Stripe, and that ghastly Not Your Father's Root Beer.   People were free to take whatever they wanted.

End of the night, you guessed it -- the only beer left in the boat was Allagash and Ballast Point.

:-/
    They can keep that Not Your Fathers Rootbeer.

Yuck. ^#(^
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 648
    New nano brewery in Bristol NH run by a member of the Shackett family. No names for the beers he makes just Wheat, IPA, Blonde and Brown. Tasty, fresh and EXPENSIVE - $20 for a 64 oz growler. He has a nice but tiny place adjacent to the state liquor outlet. You can get a $2 shot in a small snifter glass or a free taste before you buy.