PEAK is Epic

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 4,685
    I heard $699 for local 18+ but I have no backup info...now I kinda do..
    https://onthesnow.com/news/p/1239/a/619609/2019-2020-early-bird-season-pass-prices-multi-region-pass-products
    25th April 2019
    Epic Local Pass
    Adult 19+: $699
    Teen 13-18: $569
    Child 5-12: $369

Epic Pass
    Adult 13+: $939
    Child 5-12: $489
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • tedede wrote: »
    Did anyone challenge the Crotched passes? My dad and another passholder have five each. They are deeded to the mountain. The former owner promised to deed them all to the mountain. My dad and buddy actually paid an attorney to do it. I suspect since they are deeded to Crotched East, they would not apply to the current Crotched, but maybe I'll take a look.

I am told that there was a lawsuit over this. However, it was 16-years ago and I don't remember my source of information. As I mentioned above, Crotched claimed (and the courts agreed) something to the effect that after being out-of-business for 13-years, it was a new business. If I remember right, they did provide those people a discount for a few years, but again, the details are foggy.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,685
    What’s this part mean? “until season passes for the 2019-20 season are no longer being sold.” Does that mean they sell out?

There’s a price increase on 10/13 which is why they tell us early purchasers to wait until after that date to upgrade.
    So if you know anyone who bought it after 7/22 & they want to switch over, it’s now at $719, tell them to do it before the 10/13 price increase.
    Looks like the last increase was only $20 but Peak always jumped by $100..so who knows how much this time.

Back in April prices were:
    Epic Local Pass Peak Pass Diff
    Adult 19+: $699 $629 adults 30+ $70
    $399 ages 18-29 $300 OW!!
    Epic Pass Diff
    $939 $310 adults 30+
    $540 ages 18-29 OUCH!!

The Epic Local is Holiday Restricted at Stowe but 50% off of their already low low holiday prices.

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    ski_it wrote: »
    What’s this part men? “until season passes for the 2019-20 season are no longer being sold.”
    Does that mean they sell out? Cause they ask you wait until 10/13...

Not sell out, but they stop selling Epic early season, and have stated they'll do the same with Peak pass this year. Buy early or pay up the big bucks. Can't see this going over well. This will be my last year on Peak/Epic in all likelihood, unless they come with a cheap midweek option.
    What’s this part men? “until season passes for the 2019-20 season are no longer being sold.” Does that mean they sell out?

There’s a price increase on 10/13 which is why they tell us early purchasers to wait until after that date to upgrade.
    So if you know anyone who bought it after 7/22 & they want to switch over, it’s now at $719, tell them to do it before the 10/13 price increase.
    Looks like the last increase was only $20 but Peak always jumped by $100..so who knows how much this time.

Back in April prices were:
    Epic Local Pass Peak Pass Diff
    Adult 19+: $699 $629 adults 30+ $70
    $399 ages 18-29 $300 OW!!
    Epic Pass Diff
    $939 $310 adults 30+
    $540 ages 18-29 OUCH!!

The Epic Local is Holiday Restricted at Stowe but 50% off of their already low low holiday prices.

If you bought before 7/22 when the merger was 1st announced, you'll be offered the upgrade to an Epic product if you want at the price it would of been on 7/22. The delay until 10/14 to do this is just so behind the scenes, the Epic crew can get all of the Peak data assimilated into their system, and then be able to handle it at a time when they just passed a price increase deadline and the initial hoopla of the closing has died down a bit.

There will apparently be a chart put out very soon detailing what it will cost to upgrade to an Epic product of your choice, based on what Peak product you bought when, shortly.

The only reason prior to Oct 14th to upgrade is if you bought your Peak product AFTER the 7/22 deal announcement or haven't bought a pass yet, then you'll be looking at a price increase starting Oct 14th
    I thought that’s what I said

Reading comprehension is tough for me when my post lunch wish I could take a quick nap time hits! :#
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,685
    DrJeff wrote: »

Reading comprehension is tough for me when my post lunch wish I could take a quick nap time hits! :#
    NP yours is clearer too. You’d think they could give you all the info now...
    For $70 I may do it. For $300 my kids probably won’t. Unless they go to Okemo multiple days

• edited April 2020 Posts: 4,685
    The chart is on the site now. Okay I don't understand the very last paragraph. Are they talking about lifetime bennies? Anyone?

If I purchased a Peak or Midwest Pass prior to the 7/22/19 acquisition announcement, what is the Epic Season Pass pricing I am eligible for?

Epic Pass: $939 adult, $489 child
    Epic Local Pass: $699 adult, $569 teen, $369 child
    Military Epic Pass: $129 adult
    Epic 7-Day Pass: $731 adult, $621 adult restricted
    Epic 6-Day Pass: $645 adult, $548 adult restricted
    Epic 5-Day Pass: $553 adult, $470 adult restricted
    Epic 4-Day Pass: $456 adult, $388 adult restricted

If I exchange my Peak or Midwest pass for an Epic Pass, can I keep my benefits?

Any Peak or Midwest pass holder that upgrades/exchanges to an Epic Pass product will get Epic Pass Club benefits at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Crested Butte, Park City, Whistler Blackcomb, Stevens Pass, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Stowe, Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Wilmot, Afton Alps, and Mt. Brighton.

Vail Resorts will be integrating lift ticket and season pass systems for the newly acquired Peak Resorts after the 2019-20 winter ski season and therefore Epic and Epic Day Pass benefits will not be eligible at the 17 Peak Resorts during this season.

• edited October 2019 Posts: 2,972
    My guess is they're talking about the "Other Pass Benefits" found at the bottom of the pass pages, if you look at this page for example scroll down to the bottom stuff.

https://www.epicpass.com/passes/epic-local-pass.aspx

Discounted lodging, Buddy Tickets, etc. Peak has (had) some of this stuff and it's probably too convoluted to change it all with the season soon upon us.

Don't know for sure.
    EpicMix jumps out as the most obvious pass benefit that won't be available until they install their hardware and software. I would think (hope) they'd try to work around the lodging benefits and Buddy Tickets. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    rickbolger wrote: »
    My guess is they're talking about the "Other Pass Benefits" found at the bottom of the pass pages, if you look at this page for example scroll down to the bottom stuff.

Don't know for sure.
    Yes that makes sense. I was reading it all wrong.

Among other 'PEAK' benefits was Crotched was open to passes that were otherwise 'blacked out' during peak periods (XMAS, MLK...). Many of the local folks had gone further North for the holiday leaving Crotched with plenty of parking, short lift lines and space in the lodge.
    So I bought the Epic Local and because I was in the Vail computer system circa 2011, it won't accept my email. Trying to get it resolved is turning out to be an epic experience.
    I’m wondering if with Wildcat being Epic will the multi decades traditions of opening as early as possible and closing as late as possible be kept?
    rickbolger wrote: »
    So I bought the Epic Local and because I was in the Vail computer system circa 2011, it won't accept my email. Trying to get it resolved is turning out to be an epic experience.
    Peak has had Epic email/pass/waiver issues too

Got my epic local pass yesterday. My photo is all stretched out so I look like a conehead.
    bobbutts wrote: »
    Got my epic local pass yesterday. My photo is all stretched out so I look like a conehead.

+1 I havent looked that thin in years. Decades actually :D

I like the cool little diorama it came in! If you look at it from the right angle and squint it appears as if your pass is stuffed into the mountains.

• edited November 2019 Posts: 4,685
    Tom's Mt Snow upgrade post made me stumble into this:
    The deadline for Peaks Resorts’ pass holders to upgrade is Sunday, November 17
    Anyone receive an email on this one?

11/5: November 24 Is The Last Chance To Purchase The Full Suite Of Epic Pass Options
    https://mountsnow.com/media-room/epic-deadling/
    Excerpt" "For the 2019-20 season, Vail Resorts will honor and continue to sell all Peak Resorts pass products, and Peak Resorts’ pass holders will have the option to upgrade to an Epic Pass or Epic Local Pass. The deadline for Peaks Resorts’ pass holders to upgrade is Sunday, November 17. "

So they will sell you a Peak Pass on 11/18 but won't let you upgrade it?

Decisions decisions - resistance is futile
    Tom's Mt Snow upgrade post made me stumble into this:
    The deadline for Peaks Resorts’ pass holders to upgrade is Sunday, November 17
    Anyone receive an email on this one?

11/5: November 24 Is The Last Chance To Purchase The Full Suite Of Epic Pass Options
    https://mountsnow.com/media-room/epic-deadling/
    Excerpt" "For the 2019-20 season, Vail Resorts will honor and continue to sell all Peak Resorts pass products, and Peak Resorts’ pass holders will have the option to upgrade to an Epic Pass or Epic Local Pass. The deadline for Peaks Resorts’ pass holders to upgrade is Sunday, November 17. "

So they will sell you a Peak Pass on 11/18 but won't let you upgrade it?

Decisions decisions - resistance is futile

As an FYI, my family upgraded ours when the window to do so opened just over 3 weeks ago. We received our Epic passes in the mail yesterday. We still (as of when my wife last checked a couple of hours ago) haven't received the refund of the cost of our Peak passes on our credit card yet (that was quoted as "should happen in 7 to 10 business days" and we're at roughly business day 15 right now....
    Upgraded today and they are saying 12-14 business days for the refund... 15 days is still BS in that case. I don't know why but it felt less like I was getting something and more like I was just paying a fee.
    So is this the norm for them to stop selling passes before Thanksgiving Day? My only experience is with Peak who IIRC will sell them 365/24/7.
    So is this the norm for them to stop selling passes before Thanksgiving Day? My only experience is with Peak who IIRC will sell them 365/24/7.

The Epic Pass products have always had a definitive cut off for selling of passes. The thought process being (and I have heard this reiterated by their CEO, Rob Katz on Vail's Resorts Epic by Nature Podcast and then read essentially the same thing in Chris Diamond's very informative book about the rise of the mega passes and their companies, Ski Inc. 2020 ), that part of their (Vail Resorts) strategy is to lock people in to their pass product before the season has begun for the majority of skiers/riders, so that those that choose not to buy early, may get some serious "sticker shock" when they have to pay walk up rate, at which point it is mentioned to them what a deal an Epic Pass Product is, IF THEY BUY EARLY for the following season.

The strategy must be working to some extent, as apparently they're now selling somewhere around 1 MILLION Epic passes a year now! Will this strategy, which primarily up until now been one that is focused on resorts that tend to be more "destination" than "day trip" in nature work for the existing customers of Peak Resorts which tend to be more "day trip" than "destination" in nature? Only time will tell
    1 MILLION?!?!? And if you thought Mt Snow was crowded before.......
    I had thought the cutoff would be in January or later, but what do I know.
    So to go along with your 2nd paragraph, that must be why they are going to continue to sell Peak Passes all season. Boy at that point they better make it clear to those buyers that they can't upgrade to Epic.
    they better make it clear to those buyers that they can't upgrade to Epic

The last day to upgrade from Peak to Epic is 11/17, a week before the last day to buy an Epic Pass at current prices. I wouldn't have known if I didn't happen to catch a Facebook post from Attitash.
    jgreco wrote: »

The last day to upgrade from Peak to Epic is 11/17, a week before the last day to buy an Epic Pass at current prices. I wouldn't have known if I didn't happen to catch a Facebook post from Attitash.

Actually if I recall correctly, the offer to upgrade from Peak to Epic, and what you pay to do so, also is based on if you had bought your Peak Pass product prior to the announced merger date.

This will be so much less confusing next season!
    DrJeff wrote: »
    jgreco wrote: »

Actually if I recall correctly, the offer to upgrade from Peak to Epic, and what you pay to do so, also is based on if you had bought your Peak Pass product prior to the announced merger date.

This will be so much less confusing next season!
    Yep Jgreco same here, hence why I’m trying to get the word out. They did say originally it would be until they stop selling products this season. But now it’s a week earlier?
    And yes if you bought before the merger it’s the original price minus what you paid. After the merge it is the current price minus. See above. Although I didn’t count on them doing this so soon or making you pay the full amount and crediting the difference in their own sweet time.
    Confusing? Some but not as much as their Pass products. A 7 Day pass for almost the same as the Local? Breck window rate is $189. Stowe $149. Mt Snow $118. Vail Resorts does not publish ticket window rates.
    I gotta imagine there will be a lot of explaining to do at the ski Expo this year.

• edited December 2019 Posts: 4,685
    Ok, I thought Epic said that 11/24 was the last day to buy an Epic Pass, then I like you got this email, "Passes go off sale Dec 2. Final chance to buy your Epic or Peak Pass."
    So was that really the final time?

Ok, I thought Epic said that 11/24 was the last day to buy an Epic Pass, then I like you got this email, "Passes go off sale Dec 2. Final chance to buy your Epic or Peak Pass."
    So was that really the final time?

I guess we'll know in a day or 2 if they want to try and capitalize on some likely walk-ups especially at their newly acquired Peak resorts that got the big snows the last few days, and thus extend the deadline one more time until next week (or something similar...)

With the 1st extension until December 2nd, they announced that a couple of days before November 24th. With no announcement of another extension as of yet, the sale of Epic Passes may very well be done until the '20-'21 passes go on sale in the Spring