Comments

Absolutely amazing! Your lists plus your expanations of methods for deriving same was beautifully done! I have made lists myself of areas coverd by the EPIC, IKON, Indy and other multi-mountain passes. Plus I have made lists of ski companies and the mountains they own or operate. Sort of what you find at the National Ski Areas Assn website at:

https://nsaa.org/NSAA/Media/Who_Owns_Which_Mountain_Resorts.aspx

But my list is more extensive than NSAA's. It includes Word tables and an Excel spread sheet. It also contains histories of whom may have held ski mountains in the past. And also small companies that may hold more than one mountain but don't appear on the NSAA list. I will try to see if I can set up a single file and then post it on Snow Journal, but given my limited skills, don't count on it.

Again, my compliments on your super work!

Aldee
    Oops! Just took anotther look, and I noticed that the author was from Stormskiing.com. Oh well, take the compliment anyway, and thanks for posting so all of us can see it
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 4,685
    Oh boy, so I’ve only skied like one fifth? No doubt I’ve some serious catching up to do to SJers like JimK and others of that ilk.
    Actually I’m kinda surprised & saddened my percentage is that high. Meaning Too few ski areas
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA