Wildcat, NH Trip Report Sun. 3/26/2017

edited March 2017 in Trip Reports Posts: 4,668
I just luv their signsimage
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

• Either you're out west or at Wildcat.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 5,282

Either you're out west or at Wildcat.

Cat
    Hairball off middle Lynx( hairball in pic)

I'll be looking for at least 30 pics
    Boy that's a sweet looking trail, cliffs, rocks , stumps, who cares? Sun, snow, fantastic views,... no wonder the parking lot is full.
    I think I shoulda put my memorable one day reminiscent ticket on this thread
    We had terrible conditions the day I was there, half the trails were closed, memorable just the sameimage
    That polecat has gotta be one of the funnest, longest , viewiest, greens on the planet, extremely memorable

http://www.skiwildcat.com/trail-maps/

Wildcat, NH Trip Report Sun. 3/26/2017

Weather: 16° F base, 19° F summit in morning, no wind, sunny, & visibility excellent. Noon 42°F base 31°F summit, wind picked up in late afternoon.  New snow - 7" last 7 days Conditions: Packed powder over machine groomed. Fully open. Crowds: 2-3 minute wait at times, other times it was ski on.

It was obvious by the snow in the parking lot that they hadn't got any of the rain or warmth we had gotten down south Saturday. They left more than half ungroomed including the bottom third of Pole and Stray Cat, another green. The ungroomed started out just a little firm but still nice. I waited until things softened up a bit before I hit Upper Wildcat. Upper Top Cat, Middle Lift Lion, Cougar & Catenary skied nice with some soft low angle bumps. I saw quite a few people in the glades but I didn't try them. Things started firming up after 3pm. On the way out to the car I noticed the snow in the parking lot had melted but I didn't notice any melt down up on the hill.

Wildcat is closed Monday & Tuesday. $9 tickets this Friday.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Nice nice nice

Is this building this building from 50 +/- yrs agoimage
    Thisimage
  • Yes, that's the old gondola base station.
    - Sam
    I know I was up the Easter egg gondy as a youngster (C+S)in mid /late 60s.

I still think driving the Mt Wash auto road is the hairiest I've ever been in bar none. I love looking down at the Cat.
    And the Bush gondy in 77

Thank s Sam , a report from you?
  • ciscokid said:

I know I was up the Easter egg gondy as a youngster (C+S)in mid /late 60s.

I still think driving the Mt Wash auto road is the hairiest I've ever been in bar none. I love looking down at the Cat.
    And the Bush gondy in 77

Thank s Sam , a report from you?

Working on it
    - Sam
    Yes of course that pics for you. The gondola opened in 1958. I was going to ask some random kids to pose in the same way but then figured someone would report me to the po po.
    ski_it said:

Yes of course that pics for you. The gondola opened in 1958. I was going to ask some random kids to pose in the same way but then figured someone would report me to the po po.

ski_it said:

Yeah looking into other woman's eyes is bad enough LOL
  • Thanks for the report.  I'm hoping to go there Thursday or Friday.  $9 tix sound nice for Friday and the weather forecast is showing some serious wind on Thursday.